Chapter Thirteen

When the girls left Tom's beautiful apartment that night, the brown haired beauty was in a complete daze. Her mind kept replaying everything that happened between her and the boy she is so obliviously crushing on. "Evie, are you alright?", Liz nudged her new friend while smirking at her. In all honesty, she and Harrison both had been surprised to find them cuddled up to each other when they returned from the kitchen. It was clear they liked each other but nobody thought one of them would make a move, which they actually didn't. Yes Tom pulled Evie into him and yes he kept on holding her while she played with his fingers throughout the whole movie, but none of them did it to move on with their relationship, but to fulfill their needs.

Having him cuddle her didn't mean to Evie that he likes her. Instead she slipped into a state of pure adoration for the boy. It felt like a present that he allowed her to be so close to him. She felt safe in his arms, like she was finally home and at ease.

Tom was in denial as well. He didn't want to think about whether or not he actually had feelings for the girl. Instead he rather remembered how he felt when he held her so close to him. It was like finally holding your biggest treasure. He had a tingly feeling in his body everywhere she had touched him and he didn't want to ever let her go. He felt so at ease knowing full well that she couldn't be hurt while he was with her like this. The unsettling feelings he usually had were gone. His feelings of loneliness were gone too, for the first time since moving out of his parents' home. She filled that void like no other had been able to before. And he was aching for her to do it again and again. Now that he remembers what it feels like to have someone, he feels like a drug addict, whose been given a taste of his pills again after a long time, he needs her to do it again.

The fact that she was able to make him feel like this made him view her as if she was an angel sent straight from heaven. She was a powerful goddess and he was honored that she even takes the time out of her day to talk to him. He couldn't believe he got lucky enough to meet her.

"You look like that heart-eyes-emoji, man.", Harrison stared in disbelieve at his smiling best friend, who had been staring at the door she had just left through in a complete daze. It's like she put a spell on him. "I've never seen anyone be this in love with someone."

That statement made Tom come back to reality. "I'm not in love.", he shook his head trying to get rid of the love struck smile that's tugging on his lips. "Oh you are. I know love when I see it. And I know you, you've never been like that over any girl before.", Harrison grinned. "Doesn't mean I am in love with Evie." But denying it made a gut feelings grow in Tom's stomach. Yes Harrison was right, he's never felt anything for a girl before, but just because Evie awakens certain feelings of comfort in him doesn't mean he fell for her, does it? "You know I only want what's best for you. Evie is actually the best girl you've been with so far. She is kindhearted, friendly, pretty and smart. And most importantly she isn't after your success or money or even looks. She likes you for who you are as a person. Not just likes, that girl actually admires you like you are a saint.", Harrison spoke meaning every word he said. "That's not true, she doesn't like me like that."

"And why did she allow you to cuddle her for two hours straight? Why did she kiss your neck when Liz told me she's never been with a boy before? Why did she stare at you longer than looking at the television?"

Hearing it like that made Tom want to believe Harrison was right. But he still didn't feel like he was worth of her feelings so he decided it couldn't be true. "You're just getting my hopes up for nothing."

With that Tom ended their conversation.

----

"Liz", the smiling girl suddenly said. "What's up?"

"Something weird happened. I..I actually wanted to kiss him for a second.", she admitted her nose turning pink from embarassement.

"I saw that, girlie. It's alright you know, just because your first kiss was bad doesn't mean you don't like kissing at all. Maybe you'll loove kissing Tom.", she chuckled dragging out the o. "What do you mean you saw?", Evie turned to her wide eyed. Does that mean Tom noticed too?

"Honey you were staring at him like he was the last cookie." "I did not!", Evie exclaimed but she knew it was true. She was staring at him. God why is she such an emabrassement, Tom noticed too for sure. "Evie don't worry! He is just as crazy about you as you are about him. Sorry but I've never seen someone look so happy when cuddling someone else. He looked down at you like you were an angel in his arms. Trust me that boy is whipped."

"What? That can't be true. Have you seen him? He's our boss, so powerful and smart and handsome, he can have the most amazing women.", Evie shook her head so harshly her hair whipped around. "That is what you are. Don't you see that? You are like the strongest girl I know. I wouldn't have been able to just move to a different city at your age and start working for a company like that. You are incredible and doing that you still remain innocent and true to yourself, that's what sets you apart from anyone else. Your heart."

"He doesn't like me Lizzy."

"Why was he holding you like his most priced possession then? Why was he staring at you in a total daze instead of watching the movie? He even let us into his apartment Evie, he wouldn't do that if you were just some co-worker for him."

Evie couldn't answer these questions because thinking about it like that made it seem like he liked her. But he couldn't, could he?

"But like..what do I do when I get the urge to kiss him again?", she said quietly looking anywhere but Liz' eyes. "You mean when you see him again and suddenly get the rushing feeling of wanting to rip his clothes off and run your fingers through his hair?", Liz laughed at her friend. "No! He can keep his clothes on.", Evie's big eyes snapped back to look at Liz in horror making her laugh even more. "God you're so innocent I love you."

"But for real when you get those feelings when looking at him try to get closer to him somehow. I know you, you wouldn't just go up to him and kiss him yourself but maybe the feelings will settle a bit when you touch him."

"What if I kiss him and I don't like it again?", Evie whispered. "Trust me, you will like it. I am not questioning your friend's abilities with his tongue, you didn't like his kiss because you didn't like him like that and you weren't ready. Now you are ready and you like Tom.", she said it like it was just a known fact.

Feelings for Tom. It was an unfamiliar thought that ran through Evie's head, not because it wasn't true but because she never had feelings for anyone before. Did she actually like Tom? For real?