Chapter Three

Evie POV
I think my first week at this new company went pretty well. That is at least what Elizabeth has been telling me. Luckily or sadly I didn't have any more real encounters with Mr. Holland so far. Today is a big day though. To welcome me to the team I have the "honour" to present the goals we have met in the group project so far and talk about the ones that have yet to be fulfilled. Mr. Holland will of course be there too.
Get a grip Evie, you have seen him once. And he wasn't even that special. You just want to think of him as this incredibly hot dude because you put him on that pedestal.

Confidently I picked up my flash cards and entered the room. No I was wrong he actually is as gorgeous and incredibly hot as I remembered. I feel myself become slightly anxious because of all the people I have to impress. This is when I lock eyes with him. He sucks in his bottom lip-bloody hot by the way- and then gives me an approving nod. I can do this. He is your boss. This is your job. So get to work!

Somehow I managed to get through this better than what I've imagined and everyone was left happy with my presentation. Thank god.

Elizabeth walks over to me and whispers approving cheers to me, telling me how I've smashed it. I am very grateful for her she makes this new job a lot easier for me.

„Well done Miss Jones." Mr. Holland, oh god.
„Thank you so much, sir. I am very grateful that you trust me with this much after such a short period of time that I have been here.", I smile and shake his hands. Stupid sparks, go away that's my boss!
„Well you have nothing but impressed me so far Miss Jones. We are lucky to have you in our team.", he said that looking straight at my lips and it made my knees want to buckle. I need to get away from him.

I took several refreshing breaths outside. Being professional and in work mode is fun but also very tiring for me because literally everything I have to do in this company gives me anxiety. I worry about everything but this job comes with a lot of responsibility. But I want to be strong.

I sit down on a bench and allow myself to be small and vulnerable for the time of my lunch break. I chew on my carrot sticks and hug my knees close to my chest. In moments like these I would love to be a child again, with no responsibilities and full allowance to give hugs all the time. I feel very comforted by sitting here by myself, hugging my knees to my chest while listening to calming music. "I am sorry Miss Jones would you mind if I sit with you on your lunch break?", Mr. Holland suddenly interrupted my peaceful state.

I immediately pull out my headphones and put my feet down to sit up straight. "O-Of course, sir, it's my pleasure.", wow I am not really back in the real world yet.
"Sorry to disturb you, I know lunch break is not really the time you want to spend with you boss and you actually looked very comfortable, I should probably leave you.", he looked kinda flustered as he turned to leave. "No please, Mr. Holland it's okay. Sit with me, please.", I smiled reassuringly at him. I wasn't bothered at all. Even though he is my boss I don't really feel like this is work now, which is kinda weird because I am literally talking to my boss.

"We're outside of that building you can call me Tom, actually.", he has a dashing smile. I melted a little bit inside because he suddenly looked so soft, kinda like a teenage boy and I felt the urge to coo at him. No Evie, bad!

"I am Evie.", I smiled back stretching out my small hand as if I was to meet him all over again. He took mine in his much bigger and stronger hand and shook it softly. "I like Evie."
It is just now that I just gave him my nickname instead of my full name which is super embarrassing since he is my boss. My cheeks started to get all red and I had to avert my eyes from his.
If he wasn't so goddamn handsome this wouldn't happen to me.

We were also still holding hands. I noticed this, not because it was starting to get uncomfortable or weird, but because of the sparks I am feeling jolting through my arm. He doesn't even seem to notice until he sees my eyes are trained on our still intwined hands. "Sorry.", he immediately pulls his hand away and scoots away from me a couple of centimeters. I smile at him sheepishly as I watch him get a little flustered. No way, did I just make my boss blush?!

Tom POV
Evangeline is so fascinating to me. When she held her perfect presentation in front of everyone without stuttering once I was so impressed by her skill and ability to be professional. She is an amazing woman, no doubt.

But when I saw her sitting on they bench I saw her in a completely different state. She looked so small and vulnerable, like the whole world could hurt her. With her earbuds in and her knees hugged to her chest she looked like she was in her own little world. It wasn't my intention to even go up to her but before I knew it I already asked to sit next to her. This made her snap out of her comfortable state. Way to go Holland.

Hearing her stutter then when she spoke to me made me go a little crazy. How can this be the same confident strong woman. She was incredible both ways.

I felt the urge to hold her in my arms now that she looked so small and innocent. Also her little nickname fits her perfectly. Evie. It's so pretty just like her.

When I held her small hand in mine I felt the weirdest sparks on my hand and it made me not want to let go ever. But I eventually had to because I sensed that this was not a normal length handshake anymore. Geez she must think I am a creep.

Get a grip Holland! You've been with many beautiful women what's so different about her? There have even been some from your workplace, confident strong women should not have this effect on you anymore. But Evie is different. There is this other side to her that I have just taken a little glimpse of and I am aching to explore it more. No this is wrong she is an employee and I am practically her boss. I need to stop. Now.