Chapter 3

The next week goes by in a similar fashion. Chloe and the girls get to know Blake more, although the stares of all the others do not seem to be going away.

Just three days ago, Millie came up to our table, sat beside Blake and tried to talk to him. He indulged because, as I'm beginning to understand, he's just a really nice person. She kept trying to get him to go sit with her, Sasha, Ryan and the rest of that whole group. He was just not having it and politely told her to beat it. Not in those words obviously. He's too well trained to do that.

"Can you believe the nerve of that girl?" Talia asked, rolling her eyes. Talia's personality was the most out there out of the group of us. But you wouldn't know that unless you actually knew her. It was kind of like a fun little surprise.

With her dark, honey-coloured skin and her curly black locks, she was beautiful. But, unlike any of Sasha's group, she didn't flaunt it. She was comfortable, and she kept to herself and to us, but she didn't need or want, the whole world fawning over her.

"I know!" Our little fashionista, Nava, responded.

Red-haired, brown-eyed, short Nava was a spitfire. She had the most energy out of everyone combined. And, she wasn't afraid of anything, which occasionally made her very dangerous to be around. But, everyone needs at least one friend to break them out of their shells.

After that, we all had a pretty good laugh. Millie looked a little bit dejected but didn't seem to notice our laughs directed towards her.

Now, when I sometimes look over to Millie, she is absolutely swooning over Blake. He doesn't even look at her. It just looks really desperate, and I honestly kind of feel bad for her. Other then her looks, she doesn't have that much else going for her.

Sasha is her so-called best friend, but from an outside perspective, she doesn't really care about Millie. Sasha just wants a flunkie, not a friend.

Sasha was also starting to get annoyed by Blake. The access pass to their "exclusive" group was solely one's looks, and apparently Blake has what it takes. I mean, obviously. Petty, I know, but this is highschool and there has to be at least one group of people like that.

"Did you know that no one has ever, I mean EVER, rejected Sasha's invitation to go sit at her table?" Chloe informs us at lunch.

"Except you, you mean?" I ask her.

"Well, she's dating my brother, and I think she genuinely likes him. So, it doesn't really count. She actually wants Blake." Chloe responds.

"Wants me? Like I'm some toy?" Blake chooses the moment to pop back into the conversation.

"Precisely," Chloe says with a slight eye roll.

"Remember what I told you when you came over three days ago? Apparently I was right." I tell Blake, knowing well that he knows exactly what I'm talking about. He's really been disconnected from teenage girls for a long time.

What's most surprising, is that even Ryan has been trying to befriend Blake for the last couple of days. He's asked him to sit with them, go to the arcade with some of the jocks and he's even gone so far as asking Blake to join the football team. Blake politely refused every single one of those things. Honestly, I'm shocked a teenage boy could handle those situations as he did.

Over the weekend, I went out with the girls, Blake following at a distance. We did gossip about him, but afterwards, when I saw him back at home, he made no mention of it. I know he heard all of our conversations because he had bugged me before I had left the house.

I know it's only meant to protect me, but the bugging and the cameras really are annoying and an invasion of my already very limited privacy. Next time, I'll talk about some of his annoying habits. After all, if he wants to listen, he'll listen to it all.