Chapter 10 (Zach)

Today was a good day. I went to the academy, came home, and started planning for the summer and then for college. Honestly, my life was pretty boring now that it's settled down.

When I was younger, one of my parent's closest friends were murdered. For years afterward my family was investigated. It was tough, I wasn't allowed out of the house without my parents and the police being notified. Then, when another friend passed, I was stuck with a security guard.

Now, I go to Saint Maria Preparatory Academy. It's a fancy private school here in New York. All of the children of the rich and famous go here. There are tons of security measures in place for our safety and unconventional classes such as etiquette and horseback riding. But, it's gotta be good seeing as the tuition fee is nearly 100,000 a year. That's excluding the cost of uniforms, books and other expenses. I've been going ever since the first year of kindergarten, so for me, the number is well over 1.5 million dollars.

But I'm lucky, that doesn't even make a dent in my parent's bank accounts.

It's currently the last week of school. I honestly can't wait to graduate. It'll get me out of this place. I'm going to Harvard so I will no longer be living at home. Even though my parents insisted to buy me a penthouse near campus.

Over the course of the last couple of weeks, I've noticed my parents getting more and more agitated. And I can't, for the love of god, figure out why. But I've heard the word "York" be tossed around a lot. It could either be a reference to New York or to the "Yorks", the friends who died years ago. But it's probably the former. I couldn't imagine why my parents would mention the Yorks.

It's at that moment that my phone starts ringing. It's Mylie, my girlfriend. She's really sweet, but she can be needy sometimes. I answer anyway.

"Hey, babe! What's up" I ask.

"Oh, nothing much... Do you remember the movie you said you wanted to see when it came out?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, daddy managed to get me two tickets to go see it! He said that one was for me and the other I should give to you! Come on, we get to go to the premiere!"

"That's awesome Mimi! Of course, I'll join you!" That was really sweet of her. Her father was big in the entertainment industry, so it gave her a lot of perks. An example obviously is the fact that we get to go to a movie premiere. But, I don't want her father thinking I am just using her due to her connections. I'm not that heartless.

"Great, be ready in 4 hours! That is not nearly enough time to be ready for a movie premiere!" she said and promptly hang up.

I laughed to myself. Only Mimi would consider 4 hours too little time to get ready. Anyway, this gave me about 3 more hours to play some video games. I did just get an advance copy of a game. The game is actually coming out in 2 months, but my own parents' connections have their perks. Plus, I don't need 4 hours to get ready. I probably only need 30 minutes, so I'm actually giving myself extra time.

**********************************

When the time comes for me to go get Mylie, I'd already been sitting on the couch waiting for about 20 minutes. I was starting to get bored.

I picked her up and we went to the premiere. It was a fun night.

When I got home, things took a turn for the worst. There was a group of police officers at the door as well as multiple camera crews. All of them were from different tv stations.

My parents were in the center of it all, dressed up quite elegantly. Someone started a countdown and the cameras started rolling.

"And we're live!"