Chapter 17

Blake and his team spent days combing through all of the new information Chloe was able to get them by planting the bug on Sasha's computer. It was a tedious task.

After 2 days of lockup, with no contact with anyone outside of his guards, Ryan was finally released. However, he was still not allowed to leave HQ grounds. He was miserable. And bored.

"Come on! Sasha is about to leave for New York! I won't get to see her for days. Maybe even weeks! Are you all really serious about making me stay here?" Ryan complained.

"Dead serious," Blake responded curtly.

Ryan then returned back to sulking.

Just hours before Sasha was supposed to leave, Blake decided it would be beneficial for the rest of us to go to New York as well. He claimed that it would be useful for us to do some searching on that end as well.

So, later that day, we; Blake, Chloe, Talia, her parents, Nava and I all decided we were going to go to New York. We were going to fly aboard a private jet, which extremely excited everyone as many of them have never gone on a private jet.

"I can't believe this! Do you get to use a private jet whenever you want?" Nava kept asking me.

"When I was little, mom and dad had a private jet, but it was only ever used for work trips. Never for us to use for pleasure." I replied. It was true. Honestly, the jet was probably already mine, if it was still in my custody.

"Aww. Still, it's so cool!"

"Yeah, I guess it is," I say. "Come on, let's go see Mia one last time before we head to New York.

With that, the lot of us go back to the hospital wing to chat with Mia. After all, once I go to New York, I hope this whole situation will end there, and I won't have to return. No matter how much I'll miss my friends.

*********************************

Arriving in Mia's room, we see her with a laptop she must have threatened the nurses to get. Mia's a great person. Sweet too. At least, when she gets what she wants. And apparently, a bedridden, bored, workaholic teenage secret agent will do just about anything to get her hands on something that will entertain her. Apparently, in this case, it's a laptop.

"Stop looking at me like I'm crazy. I'm not. I'm just bored out of my mind so I'm following cases. I'm still in bed. The doctors can't complain." Mia says, without looking up from her computer.

"Yeah, but you should be in bed resting." Talia told her, emphasizing the word 'resting.'

"Oh hush!" Mia said, finally looking up.

"Anyway, we just wanted to see you before we left," I told her.

"Aww. Glad you guys think of me."She said sarcastically. "Have fun in New York!"

"Thanks, Mia. Anyway, Talia's parents are coming with us as backup agents, who's replacing them as your doctors?"

"You do realize there are tons of different doctors here. Like, we've got and an army of surgeons, psychiatrists, therapists and whatever else we agents need. Tal's parents were just the ones that were here at the time I got hurt, I got put back with my primary doctor here." Mia explained.

"Ah..." The rest of us, minus Talia, all chorused.

We spent the rest of the time until Blake's text message arrived talking to her. I got a list of things I was tor try and get for her while we were in New York, and let me just say, that list is lengthy! When Blake texted and told me that it was time to go, we said our goodbyes and left her to rest.