Chapter 18 (Mia)

It's official. I'm bored out of my mind. I've been stuck in this bed forever. I'm so bored!

Recently, Blake, Cara and the others all left for New York, and although I definitely would have rather gone with them, I was confined to this bed. It pissed me off. And what's worse is that Xavier had to take over the case from this end so he can't come and chat with me.

I want to help, I want to do something. But, I can't get out of bed. I've been ordered to 'take it easy.' Whatever that means. If that's what they really wanted me to do, I wouldn't have been an agent in the first place. But I am, and it's not in my nature to be easygoing.

Right now, I was scanning through files pulled from the Mills' servers. And boy were there a lot of them. I knew that they'd have hidden documents, but seriously, this was ridiculous. There were thousands of emails, even more phone calls, and don't even get me started on the number of text messages.

It would take days to go through all of these, even though we have a whole team of people that are working on it.

I slammed my laptop shut. I needed to kill time until Zavy or Noah or someone could get away and come chat with me. This was starting to get ridiculous. How could I not entertain myself for just a few hours? Like, Blakey hadn't even been gone for 5 hours.

Anyway, naptime. That's how bored I was.

My plan didn't last very long as not an hour and a half later, Blake calls me.

"We were attacked. The system was hacked. Do you know anything." He asked me frantically.

"Why are you asking me. Call Zavy."

"I did, he didn't pick up."

"Well, I don't know anything." Just then, I registered what he said. "Wait! You guys were attacked?"

"Yeah, I said that."

"Are you okay? What happened?" Maybe this was why they weren't letting me work, my brain was still kind of fuzzy on occasion, and I was missing things.

"Everyone's fine, some of the girls were a bit shaken up, but other then that, everything is perfectly fine as far as we could tell. Anyway, someone must have figured out that we were leaving for New York today, and gotten our location. That's another thing Xavier is going to have to research."

"Okay, I'm going to pass the message. Anything else I should know or should tell him?"

"Not yet. If anything comes up, I'll text you, Mia."

"Buh-Bye."

With that, he hung up and I was back to being super bored, and tired because SOMEONE decided to wake me up from my beautiful nap.

A while later I woke up naturally, only to see Xavier dozing in the corner of my room in an armchair. I know I should let the poor guy sleep, but he's going to have back problems if he remains asleep in that chair.

"Zavy.... Zavy...." I called to him, I couldn't stand up just yet so I had to rely on sound to wake him up. However, he was not responding to me. I didn't have time for this, so I yelled at him. "Xavier!"

His eyes flew open.

"What's up? What happened? Who died?" He looked around, super confused. Not like an agent at all. "Oh Mia, you're awake!"

He stood up to come stand beside me.

"I got a call from Blake a while back, there was an attack. Someone was targeting Cara."

"Yeah, I know. I called Blake just before I came here. He told me about the attack. I already have people researching who it may have been. But, up until this point, there's nothing I could do. Also..."