Chapter 14

Today is the last day of high school. The last day ever. The best day in the life of any high school student. After 4 years in hell, hell being high school, we are finally graduating.

School today was to be let out at noon. Everyone had hair, makeup and nail appointments to get to. It was graduation. A boy named Nick was the Valedictorian. Honestly, most people thought that Sasha would be the one getting that role, but she didn't even want to get nominated. Something about ruining her image.

At least the person who did win deserved it, and it wasn't only based on popularity.

Classes were cut in half, with the students only receiving their final marks.

I barely had time to say a single word to Chloe, even in the class that we had together. Mia was obviously there, and we were able to chat with one another, but there wasn't much time and a lot that needed to be done.

After school, Talia, Nava, and I went over to Chloe's house to get our hair and makeup done. Her parents had offered to have a stylist come over and pay for everyone.

So, we chose nice, simple looks, before we had to put on our all-white outfits underneath our blue graduation gowns.

"Hey, your parents' new assistant is hot af," Nava said.

"You have a boyfriend Nava," Talia replied, used to Nava's antics.

"I know that, and I wouldn't date the new guy, but he's hot and you all have to admit that."

"Sure, fine," Chloe responded. "Can we just all be grateful that Sasha is superstitious and didn't want Ryan seeing her before grad?"

"Yes." All of us responded automatically.

Mia was sitting on one of the chairs in the corner of the room, playing on her phone. She looked up suddenly.

"Girls, you look amazing!"

"Thanks, Mia! Come on, you should also get things done. The stylist is already here." Chloe told her.

"Are you sure? Your parents paid for the graduates, and I'm already done."

"Of course! It's fine. Come on, if you want suggestions we've got you." Mia then followed Chloe into the makeup chair. The other girls were laughing and already choosing shades of eyeshadow and lipstick they thought would suit her.

I didn't find a point in telling them that Mia knew a lot about fashion. I mean, Chloe already knew. If Mia was uncomfortable she'd make them stop.

About an hour before we all had to head out for the actual graduation, our hair and makeup was finally complete. Now came the hard part of putting on our outfits, which were white, without smudging anything. And we had to put our hats to our heads so that they wouldn't blow away while we were walking down the aisle.

When the time comes, all of us go sit in the limo the Lewis' got for us. All of our parents would be meeting us there.

"Hey Blake, are your parents coming?"

"Last they told me the answer was yes. But they work a lot, so I don't know if that has changed."

It took a considerable amount of effort not to look shocked. I have never met Blake's parents, even if they were supposed to be my aunt and uncle.

Blake gave me a look that clearly stated: "I'll let you meet my parents, just play along for now."

The rest of the car trip is rather calm, everyone is just excited to finally be out of high school. I'm just glad I'm out of my last high school. I started when I was 14 years old as Kath Vicar, transferred a year later and became Molly Nichlos, and finally, when I was 17, I became Alana May Criston. So, I'm glad this school lasted until the end.