Chapter 12

Julian's POV

Julian's office, Tree Hill

Three months later

When I had decided to make a movie from Lucas's book, I hadn't expected so much resistance. It had taken forever to turn the book into a script because there had been some changes to make. And then we had searched forever for a location where we could film. From the beginning, it had been clear to my father and me that we wanted to film at the original locations and only go to a rented studio for the indoor shots. With our vision in mind and a finished script, we had started searching for a director and had found that no one really shared our ideas. It had taken us a long time until we finally had found the right director. And now it could start. Today was the first casting and I was really nervous. My father promised to come in time, but so far I waited in vain for him. Deep in thought, I opened the drawer and took out the small box that I had picked up a few hours ago at the jeweler. When I just lifted the lid and looked at the ring lying on the inside of the box on a velvet pad, I suddenly heard a noise.

"Nice rock. For Brooke?"

Startled, I let the box snap shut and looked at my father with a wry smile. "Yes, for whom else?"

"You want to propose to her?" He asked in surprise.

I nodded. "I think it's the perfect time. The script is written, everything is settled, and if the casting is successful today, we can start with the shooting soon."

"I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, my son, but just think how long the two of you know each other."

"Half of my life," I said, shrugging.

"It was clear that you would say that." He rolled his eyes. "Let me tell you how long you know each other... 3 months. That's only 12 weeks, Julian. You can't marry a woman you know only a few weeks! "

"You sound like Mom." Sighing, I opened the drawer and put the box back.

"I know you don't want to hear it, but your mother is just worried. She had to witness how you had gone crazy about this girl and..."

"This 'girl,' as you call her, may soon be my wife, the mother of my children, your daughter-in-law," I said determinedly, holding my chin defiantly. "This time you and Mom won't destroy my happiness!"

He simply shrugged.. "You're 24, Julian. You're no kid anymore. I'm the last one who wants to dictate what you should do. It's your decision."

"Thanks." I nodded to him with a serious expression. "And now to business."

Although I concluded the topic in front of my father, it still kept me mentally busy until I came home in the evening. The first casting didn't go so well. We couldn't agree on actors for the lead roles. But I consoled myself with the thought that there would be more castings. It had taken a long time to write the script, so we would patiently wait for the perfect candidates. I looked at the clock. I didn't have much time left until Brooke came home from work. Today I wanted to surprise her with the marriage proposal and I prayed inwardly that she would say 'yes'. I didn't care what my parents thought about it. Brooke and I belonged together, and I wanted to seal this with an engagement ring. Since I had two left hands in the kitchen, I prepared only some cold food and drinks for us and placed them on the table. In the entire room I had arranged burning candles, and to make the romantic mood even more perfect, slow music was playing in the background. I was well prepared and still nervous what she would say. When the door suddenly opened and Brooke walked into the house, I felt my heart beat faster.

Brooke's POV

Brooke's house

When I entered and saw what Julian had prepared, I felt warm all over. He didn't forget it, I thought happily. Today was our three months anniversary and my desire for this state to never end, grew day by day. But I also remembered what Haley had said to me then, that there would be nothing that would drive a man faster away than the mention of marriage. But I wanted to become Julian's wife. I wished it so much that it almost hurt! And I had entrusted myself to Peyton, who recently had gotten married and probably would understand my yearning. But she just had smiled and had said 'Don't be so impatient'. When I saw all this now, the burning candles, the set table with the red roses, soft music in the background, I immediately felt like making a marriage proposal here and now. But probably I would only ruin the mood with it. As he spread his arms and grinned at me, I took a step forward, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissed him.