Chapter 13

Brooke's POV

Instinctively I sensed that something had happened at the casting when Julian came home. His mood was depressed and he seemed somehow absent. He was silent most of the time at dinner, and I was really worried.

"Was it that bad today?" I asked compassionately.

"What?"

"The casting. How was it?" I repeated and frowned as he lowered his head and avoided my gaze. "Julian?"

"It was... successful."

"But that's good, right?" I looked at him in confusion. 'Successful' meant that they had cast the roles. But why wasn't he happy about it? "What roles did you cast?"

"The 'Brooke'.

"Really?" I felt my heart beat faster with joyful excitement. "When can I meet her?"

"You want to meet her?"

"Of course." I frowned about his odd question. "I want to help her to portray the role more authentically. I also have some clothes from my high school days. She can wear some of them." I looked at him questioningly. "What size is she?"

"Normal, I guess." He shrugged.

"What does 'normal' mean?" I asked, frowning.

"I think your clothes will fit."

When he suddenly jumped up and began to clear the table, I also got up and walked after him. When he had put the last of the dishes in the dishwasher, I put my arms around his neck. "I'm so glad you've cast the roles now," I said softly. "Then we can start shooting soon, which means the movie will be finished sooner and then we can get married."

"We don't have to wait for the movie to be finished," he said out of the blue.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked confused.

"Let's run off! Let's fly to Las Vegas and get married!"

"But... Julian..." I stammered perplexed. "What about our families and friends? And besides, I thought that we would get married in a church and then have a big party afterwards."

"We can have this later, I promise. But it may take forever for the movie to be finished. I don't want to wait that long. I want you to become my wife now, Brooke Davis!"

He knew exactly which buttons he had to press to get what he wanted. And when he looked at me pleadingly with his dark brown eyes and then smiled, my resistance melted away. "Okay," I agreed hesitantly.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes, let's do it." I laughed as he suddenly lifted me up and spun me around in circles.

"I love you!" He said softly.

"I love you even more!" I whispered and sealed his mouth with my lips.

Brooke's POV

Las Vegas

The next day

I wasn't completely awake yet and my eyes were still closed, when I felt Julian's soft lips on mine.

"Good morning, Mrs. Baker. Did you sleep well?"

"I'd say I definitely didn't have enough sleep that night," I mumbled sleepily.

"I wonder why?" He asked, smiling mischievously.

I turned to him and placed my hand around his neck. "It's probably because I couldn't resist my sexy husband." He laughed and grabbed my hand.

"You know, that this ring is just temporary? As soon as we are back home, I'll buy you a new wedding ring."