2.4

A/N

I really have nothing to say here except that school stinks...

Enjoy!

Addie's POV

I wake up to the sound of soft snores beside me. Wait...today's mine and Niall's birthday!

I get out of bed as carefully as I can so I don't wake Niall up and put on my penguin slippers. I close my door over and walk downstairs.

When I get there, I see that Liam and Cassandra are together on the couch. My inner scream was almost unleashed. I only made a small squeal that was barely audible, but it was still something. I'm so happy for the both of them.

I walk into the kitchen and get out the pancake mix. I add in everything I need into a big bowl and spoon some into a waffle maker. I wait for each one to finish and put them all on a big plate and then I put the plate onto the kitchen table.

After I do that, I hear footsteps and I freeze in my place.

"Good morning birthday girl!" Liam says and hugs me tight.

"Morning, Li."

"How's it feel to finally be 16?" Cassandra asks.

"Oh please. You're only three months older than me so don't get too proud now." I joke with Cassandra. She rolls her eyes at me.

I hear someone coming down the stairs and Niall appears at the bottom.

"Happy birthday!" he says and walks over to me. He gives me a huge hug and almost squeezes all of the breath out of me.

"Thanks. You too." I say and wiggle my eyebrows.

"Wait...what?" Liam says. "It's your birthday too?"

"Yeah. I'm 17 now. One whole year older than Addie." he says.

"Whoa. That's really weird." Cass says.

"Yeah. I know, right?" I say. "I just found out last night." I laugh.

Everyone goes to the kitchen table and I sit down next to Niall. Everyone takes waffles and starts to eat.

"Thanks for the breakfast Addie. You didn't need to make anything, I would've done it." Liam says.

"No. It's fine. I woke up early so I just thought I would. I had nothing else to do." I say in between bites.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Niall says and runs up the stairs. I wonder what that was all about.

Niall's POV

*FLASHBACK*

"So, what do you want for your birthday?" I ask her. I want to get Addie something but I have no idea what kind of thing she would want.

"Um...nothing in particular. You don't have to get me anything." she says and plays with that silver necklace she always has on.

"That's really pretty." I say to her reaching out to touch it. I take it in between my fingers and twist it around.

"Thanks. Um...my dad gave it to me before he...never mind." she says and her face falls.

"Addie, what happened to your dad? You never told me and I really want to know. But, if you don't feel comfortable telling me, I understand."

"Um...I don't really feel comfortable with saying it right now. When the time is right, I will tell you but, just not right now." she says and a tear streams down her cheek.

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

I grab the little box from the back pocket of my jeans that I had on yesterday, and walk back downstairs.

Addie's POV

Niall comes back down the stairs and sits back down.

"I didn't really have the time to wrap it, but I hope you love it." he says to me and I take the black box that he shows me from behind his back.

I carefully open it revealing a silver charm bracelet that has a charm that looks like the necklace my dad gave me. There's that charm, and another charm of a little electric guitar.

"I had the guitar made so you will always have me with you and the other charm so that you will always have your dad with you." he says.

"Niall, it's beautiful. I love it." I say and start to cry.

"Hey, don't cry." he laughs and takes the bracelet from my hand. He holds out my wrist and latches the bracelet on.

"Thank you so much. I love it. I really do Niall." I say and hug him. "How did you afford this? This had to be really expensive."

"Um...I sold my guitar." he says. What?

"You did? I thought you loved your guitar."

"I do. But you're more important than my guitar." he says.

"Time for your gift." I say, getting up. I grab the box and put it down next to him.

*FLASHBACK*

I overheard Niall talking to Louis and Niall said that his birthday was coming up. I need to get him something so I don't seem like a horrible girlfriend.

I go online and look up the guitar he was looking at in the music store the other day. I find that it's $200...I don't have that kind of money. But, I do have my necklace. I know my dad gave it to me, but it has to be worth at least $150. I can sell it and make up the rest.

I go and trade in my necklace and I get exactly $200 for it. I will miss it, but I think Niall will love his gift and that's worth it. Besides, I have to get over my dad's death somehow.

I have Liam drive me to the music store and I get the guitar. It's a really nice acoustic and it's brand new. The wood looks really nice. I really hope he likes it...

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

Niall looks at me, smiles, then tears through the wrapping paper. As soon as he opens the cardboard box I put the guitar in before I wrapped it, he starts to smile from ear to ear.

"Addie, thank you so much! I can't believe you did this." he says.

"Get this." I say and he looks up. "I sold my necklace to give this to you."

"What? How ironic is that? I sell my guitar, you sell your necklace. You get me a guitar, I get you a bracelet made like your necklace." he starts to laugh. The rest of us join him in laughter. That is pretty ironic.

I clean off the table and wash the dishes while Niall dries them off and puts them away.

"Thank you so much for the bracelet. I can't get over how beautiful it is." I say to him when we finish the dishes.

"No problem. Thank you for the guitar. It was the exact same one I was looking at when we were at the music store the other day."

"I know. That's why I picked it." I laugh. Niall kisses me on the cheek and takes my hand. We both walk out of the kitchen and into the living room to watch TV with Cassandra and Liam.

A/N

Addie's dad died what? I'll reveal more about that later so, don't forget about him. But the gifts they got for each other were so cute. And Liam and Cassandra are getting pretty close *wink wink, nudge nudge*. Lot's of interesting stuff will be happening in the next few chapters so, stay tuned. Love you all!