2.5

A/N

WHAT'S UP GUYS I'M BACK! Ok so I heard what happened to Ashton yesterday, as it happened and I started crying so hard it's not even funny. Like I was stared at by everyone and I was like "can I help you" and everyone thought I was a freak but yOU KNOW... But now, I'm back and super happy because Ashton's doing well AND Anna Todd is going to update 'Before' this week and I have missed her a lot so, yeah. This is really long and I'm very sorry I just had a lot to say.

Enjoy!

Addie's POV

After we ate breakfast and watched TV for a couple hours, we started to get hungry again. So, Cassandra and I got ready and now the boys, Cass, and I are on our way to lunch.

"So, how's it feel to be seventeen, Ni?" I say while we're driving.

"Pretty much the same. How's it feel to be sixteen?" he says looking down to me.

"Pretty much the same." I say, mimicking what he just did seconds before. He smiles and we pull into a parking lot and Liam parks. I get out of the car and Niall takes my hand. Then, we all walk in together.

We get seated and look for what we want on the menus. It's just a little cafe, so it's really low key and quiet in here.

Everybody picks out what they want and orders. Then, we talk while we're waiting.

"Guys, I have to tell you something. Well, we have to tell you something." Liam says, looking down at Cassandra, who smiles up to him.

"Sure. What is it?" I say, curiously. Liam smiles back to her and looks up to me and Niall. He takes a deep breath.

"Liam and I are official!" Cassandra says.

"Guys, really? That's amazing! See Liam? I told you she liked you!"

"Yeah, yeah. The most important thing is that Cassandra and I are finally dating and I'm so happy! It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I have liked her for so long and I finally had the guts to ask her out." Liam says. I just smile like an idiot looking at my brother, to Cass, back to my brother.

"Guys, this is amazing. I'm so happy for you both." Niall says from next to me.

The food comes, and Liam's ringtone sounds from his pocket.

"Guys, I have to take this. I'll be right back." he says and answers the call and goes outside. Who could be calling him? Maybe it's one of the boys. Or Mum.

He comes back and sits down, putting his phone in his pocket.

"Addie, you remember Austin, right?" he says. Oh, I remember Austin. He's the one who tried to make a move on me while we were at his Mum's wedding. Our families used to be really close until Dad died. Then, we just drifted apart.

"Um...yeah..." I say. Liam doesn't know about the whole thing that happened and I'd like to keep it that way.

"Well, he's a freshman in college and he's having a big party. He wants us to come. You guys in?" Liam says to all of us.

"You stayed in touch with Austin?" I say, shocked.

"Yeah. Just because Dad...never mind but yes, we stayed friends." Niall gives my hand a little squeeze under the table at the mention of my dad. My eyes flicker to his face for a split second and I could tell he was just itching for me to tell him what happened.

"Oh. Ok. Yeah I guess I'll go. Only if Niall goes though." I say, rushing the last part. I don't want anything to happen to me at this party. I still want to go, but I want Niall close to me so Austin doesn't try anything this time.