Chapter 4

Amber was sobbing uncontrollably. She had been shoved into this car and was huddled in the corner of the backseat as close to the door as possible, and as far away from Joel as possible who sat on her other side.

"Amber, you gotta stop crying like that. You're gonna make yourself sick."

Amber glared at him through her watery eyes. Who did he think he was acting like he knew her or something? For crying out loud, he had just kidnapped her!

"Let me just take you from your family and drive you to someplace you don't know and command you not to cry. And let me hear your dad tell you he won't get you until a fucking year!"

Amber shut her mouth and cringed as Joel appeared to grow angrier with each word that came out of her mouth. She thought he was going to hit her, but instead he just looked away. 

Amber sighed and laid her head against the cool window. She felt her eyes trying to close, but she forced them open. She couldn't sleep. No, she needed to stay awake. These guys were unpredictable.

Amber glanced around the car. The only other one in the backseat was Joel. Then two others up front. They had stayed completely quiet the whole ride.

Amber felt like they'd been driving for an hour, but reality made her predict it had only been fifteen minutes.

"Where are you taking me?" Amber directed her question to the driver.

He looked at her from the review mirror and her heart stopped at noticing his red eyes.

Amber then glanced at each of the men. They were all vampires!

Amber then slouched into the car seat and stayed quiet. No one was going to tell her anything. She guessed she would just have to wait and see and hope that her luck would be better.

She looked over to Joel several minutes later and caught him peering at her from the corner of his eye.

"What?" She spat out at him.

He only laughed and turned his head so now both red eyes were on her. "Ya' know you better watch that attitude of your's."

Amber smirked at him, as if challenging him to force her to stop. "And why is that?"

Joel leaned closer to her. "'Cause I don't think your..." He paused to cough and Amber raised a curious eyebrow at him. "Luna won't like it," He finished with a smile and sat back.

"Luna? Who's-" 

"Oh my goodness! Would you just shut that little mouth of your's?! Are you this impatient?" Shouted the man in the passenger seat.

Amber was about to defend herself but bit her tongue. His rage scared her and she decided she should listen. Vampires were much stronger than humans, everyone knew that.

So she just decided to lay her head back and stare out the window. She sat there and thought of her father, silently hoping he was alright.

Soon enough though, Amber's eyes were closed.