Chapter 9

Amber stood outside by herself for several minutes before entering the house once more.

Once inside, Amber stood at the doorway. What now? 

She thought of heading back to her room, but two problems stood in her way from causing her to do so: One,  If she were to go back to her room, what would she do there? And two, she had no clue how to even get to her room.

She felt content with her new idea of just roaming the place and began to do so, but unfortunately did not get very far. 

Amber yelped as something suddenly rammed into her side and caused her to fall back. She luckily caught herself just in time and avoided colliding with the floor.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry!" Exclaimed a tiny and innocent female voice.

Amber shook her head, and after regaining conscience, she looked up to see who the voice belonged to, but instead found herself looking down at the owner.

Amber stared down at the tiny girl who had ran into her. She was clad in a loose brown shirt tucked into a short green skirt. She was barefoot and had long yellow-tinted hair that stopped at her tiny breasts. The girl looked up at Amber with large, bright, green eyes. She looked to be all of thirty pounds.

Amber had the urge to rant on about how adorable she was, but managed to hold back. "Oh... it's fine!" She said instead.

The girl blinked and half-smiled up at Amber. "So you are alright, Miss?"

Amber nodded assuring at the girl. "I am. No worries."

Amber then watched the girl sigh in relief. "Alright then, well, let me know if you need anything." She did a small curtsy to Amber before brushing past her.

"Wait!" Amber called out after her.

The girl turned back after hearing this and Amber quietly admired the way her hair flowed as her neck moved.

"There is one thing..."

The girl began to approach Amber. "Anything, Miss."

"This may seem foolish of me, but I'm new here, and seem to have forgot where my room is located. Do you...would you possibly know?"

The girl seemed to inhale gently and Amber was beginning to wonder if something was wrong when the girl quickly spoke. "Does your name happen to be Amber?"

"Yes it does..."

Amber watched as the girl's face lit up. "Ah! It's you."

Amber tilted her head and opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by the girl. This seemed to be happening a lot lately.

"Yes, yes! This a'way," she chirped before heading off; Amber close behind.

Amber worked on memorization of the path to get to her room as the two of them walked. 

Once reaching their destination, the girl politely opened the door for Amber. 

Amber smiled as she entered the room. "Thanks bunches."

"Oh, it is my pleasure." The girl then hesitated. "I do have one question to bother you with, if you don't mind."

Amber nodded as if to tell her to continue.

"You are half-vampire, correct Miss?"

Amber felt like she was going to be sick all of the sudden. She couldn't take this. She was doing her best to avoid this thought. But what did the tiny girl mean by 'half-vampire'? Was she not fully one of the creatures?

Amber stumbled over to her bed and sprawled out onto it face-first. 

She heard the girl gasp from behind her. "Oh my...are you alright?"

Amber lifted her head to find the girl peering up at her with a worried expression.

"I'm sorry, I should not have brought it up," the girl quickly apologized.

When Amber did not say anything, the girl's expression turned to plain disappointment. "Well, my name is Eva, and if you ever need me, please do not be afraid to call out, Miss."

Eva hesitated before patting the top of Amber's dark brown mane of hair. "And please do get some rest," she whispered.

With that, Eva was out of the room and Amber was yet again dragged into unconsciousness.