Chapter 18

Amber followed Luna's voice as it once more echoed through the house. Damn, this woman was impatient!

Amber finally found her outside of her room as she peered over the staircase. She ran down the stairs but once she approached the hallway Luna had been in, she found her to no longer be there.

She groaned and headed to her room; figuring she had walked back in. Amber soon found her theory to be correct.

She entered Luna's room and found her to be standing nearby with her back facing Amber.

Amber knew that Luna was aware of her presence but it didn't look like she was going to turn around.

Amber went ahead and bowed to her back.

"Mistress..."She said as she recovered from the bow.

Luna sharply turned and her long navy dress flew up in the air at her fast and unexpected motions.

Amber quickly put her head down in fright that Luna would see her purple eyes.

"Hello Amber."

Amber kept her head down as she spoke back. "Hello..."

"Are you speaking to me or the floor?"

Amber cringed and glanced up at Luna, still keeping her eyes slightly narrowed down.

Luna walked closer to her with a deep frown. "What have you been up to? What is-" she inhaled suddenly to interrupt her own sentence.

"Hm?" Amber raised her eyebrows casually despite the fact that she was nearly shaking. Did Luna see her eyes?

As if to answer, Luna grabbed Amber's cheeks and pulled her head so she was staring up at her.

"What is this?" Luna peered close to Amber's face. "Why are your eyes purple?"

Amber was about to ask her how many questions she was going to ask without giving Amber anytime to respond as she squirmed from her grip. Luna only tightened her hands around her cheeks.

"I...I..."

What was she suppose to say? She wasn't about to get Joel in trouble.

So instead, she narrowed her eyes up at Luna and took a stand. "I know what I am. No thanks to you. So you might as well give up on trying to trick me!"

Luna loosened her grip on Amber as she spoke so she could understand her. "Oh? You do?"

"Yes. I'm half-vampire. Right?!"

Luna glared down at her. "Wrong."

Amber's eyes went from narrowed to wide. What did she mean?

"You are nothing! Full vampires are unique and worth something. Everything you are not. No one wanted you, don't you see that?"

Amber finally pulled from Luna's hands. "What?! So my father doesn't care about me? All these years?"

Luna laughed coolly. "Where is he then, Amber? If he loves you and cares for you so much, where is he?"

Amber felt her eyes sting with tears. "Who are you?" She whispered. "How do you know me or my family?"

Luna smirked down at Amber. "I know more than you think."

"You don't say?" Amber snapped.

"That is it! You will be living in the dungeon from now on! I have had it with your attitude; you don't seem to grasp the concept that-"

"Wait, wait! Please..." Amber cut into Luna's rant.

She now stood against the wall due to Luna taking a step closer to her with every word.

"What?!"

"I just..." Amber sighed and stared at her bare feet. "I'm sorry."

Amber gazed up at Luna in time to catch her smiling in some sort of victory. "You ought to be."

She quickly lowered her head to the ground once more and soon felt Luna's lips trailing along her jawbone.

She shivered lightly and avoided the urge to back away. She still was not sure if she liked it when Luna did this or not. It infuriated her but at the same time gave her pleasure.

She felt Luna's lips moving as she spoke against Amber's skin. "I suppose I could allow you to keep in your current bedroom...under one condition."

Amber looked at the top of Luna's head from the corner of her eye. She now grew a bit nervous. She didn't want to be degraded to a rusty, small room, but she had no desire to do anything with or for Luna either.

She opened her mouth to ask what that condition might be, when Luna spoke up again.

"Prove to me your confidence."

Amber wondered how she was to do this as Luna trailed up her jaw until she reached her lips. She kissed them lightly and Amber let out a breath against Luna's lips as she pulled away.

Luna kept her eyes closed and her lips still close to Amber as she continued. "Bite me."