Chapter 48

Amber let out a sigh as she retrieved her lips from the glass. She had finished the orange juice that once filled it, but had yet to eat a thing. She had absolutely no appetite, and she swore it all had to do with walking in on Luna and Samuel. Just recalling the event made her cringe.

Just after cringing, she winced as someone tugged on her hair. Once the grip was loosened, Amber glanced over her shoulder to find Luna's breasts. Amber jumped back as she was face-to-face with the large breasts. She ended up jumping so hard, she flew right off the chair she was sitting in.

"Oomf..." She groaned as she sat up on her elbows.

Amber heard Luna smirking from above her, and she moved her gaze up the woman's lovely body. She wore a long grey shirt with red leggings underneath. Her hair was pulled back into a high ponytail and her red heels allowed her to loom over Amber.

Amber was still admiring Luna's casual look, when Luna motioned Amber to come with a toss of her pale chin. "Let's get going."

Amber scurried up from off the floor and followed her mistress outdoors. She stared at Luna's back awkwardly as she could only think about her and Samuel. She assumed that since Luna hadn't mentioned anything, she did not know Amber had seen everything. But then again, maybe she was waiting to bring it up later on.

Amber flung her backpack into Luna's car before climbing into the car herself.

Amber wasn't sure if it was just a feeling or if it was reality, but Luna seemed to be driving extremely slow; almost in slow motion.

She kept her eyes pinned on Luna as she drove her, and finally removed them once they had reached her school. It was weird that Luna did not speak one word the entire way there, and she was worrying Amber because of this.

Amber stayed just as silent as she crawled out of the car. She hesitated to give Luna a chance to speak, but Luna kept her eyes straight ahead, avoiding Amber's. In deciding she didn't mind Luna not speaking to her, she shut the car door and watched as Luna drove on right past her.

She lightly shrugged to herself before heading towards her school. It was only Wednesday, and Amber swore she had been attending this school for an entire year already. But reality reminded her it was only her second week, and she had the chance to face Hailey again.

Her first period class whirled by in a blur, and she soon found herself heading towards Hailey's classroom for math.

Amber took a breath before stepping up to the door to the classroom, which already stood open wide to let the students flow inside. Once in view of the classroom, she scanned the area for Hailey.

She soon found her writing something on the board and Amber could already tell her detention would be similar to the other day's.

Hailey wore a black pencil skirt with a black and pink cheetah blouse tucked in. This was the first time Amber witnessed her light hair straightened.

Amber was just now catching on Hailey's animal print trend as she felt someone nudging her back.

"Stop checking out the teacher and go," the male voice grumbled.

Amber knew she was blocking the doorway, but never intended to stay there. She whirled around to find Asher staring straight at her with an annoyed look on his face.

"I'm... I'm sorry?" Amber said before quickly running off to find her desk, not really the least apologetic.

The bell soon sounded, and Hailey finished writing just in time. She turned to face the class and smiled slightly. "Good morning, class."