Chapter 69

*********************************

I apologize for the chapters not being updated as quickly as usual- Wattpad has been giving me the hardest time. It will randomly not let me upload, so it's been of some inconvenience.

Enjoyy c:

********************************

Amber silently watched as the small bits of snow fell from the endless sky. It was hardly snowing, but the tiny fragments were visible as they flew down and clung onto the glass window. The window was the only thing separating Amber from the frosty outside, although if she touched the window, her hand would go numb from the cold. It was going to be a harsh winter if this was only December.

It was Sunday and Amber could barely wait for the day to end. She had locked herself in her room and had only went out of the room to eat meals. She was terribly scared and terrified. If she had been afraid of her mistress before, she couldn't describe her fear now. She knew it was awful to say, but she was scared witless. It was bad to say, because she didn't want to be under Luna. She didn't want to be degraded by her, or act cowardly towards her, but after what she had done, she couldn't see a reason not to be.

What if she found out about Hailey and their relationship? Amber couldn't seem to keep a thing hidden from her.

It was the afternoon, and Amber still had not eaten lunch. She wouldn't let Luna terrify here to the point where she went starving, so she made the decision to leave the room...only for a quick meal.

She cracked open the door and glanced around in attempt to catch any sign of her nearby. After receiving none, she took a brave step out of the room.

The house seemed eerily quiet, but Amber ignored this as she focused on making her way to the kitchen without being noticed. Her chest hurt like hell and it looked that way too. She knew Hailey wouldn't want anything to do with her breasts once she had a look at the area.

Amber chuckled aloud at her thought but her smile faded when she entered the kitchen. Eva sat at one of the nearby tables and immediately whipped her head around to face Amber.

Amber didn't want to see her; not after what had happened.

The girl clearly had other opinions in seeing her, though, since she jumped out of the chair to stumble over to Amber.

"Amber! Sir Joel told me about him and Luna's argument with you. That was so sweet of you to put yourself through that instead of me. You really shouldn't have."

Amber lowered her eyes. She didn't want to talk to anyone at all. She had been majorly depressed ever since the incident, and just wanted to be left alone. But since Eva was being her nice self and thanking Amber, she went ahead and took it.

"You're welcome," she said. "Yes, I should have done it. You didn't need anymore pain and I promised to keep you safe," she reminded her before brushing past the girl to the pantry. She scanned the food lined up on the shelves for something that would please her small appetite.

"So, what did she do to you?" Eva asked.

Amber squeezed her eyes shut for a moment. She didn't want to upset her. "Nothing too bad," she lied.

Eva slightly raised her light eyebrows. "Really?"

Amber nodded as she pulled out a bowl of applesauce.

"Something is telling me not to believe you."

Amber flung her arms in the air, but was sure to keep a hold of the applesauce. "Okay, I'm lying!" She sarcastically snapped. She knew she was getting defensive, because of course Luna did something terrible to her. All you had to do was know the woman to know Amber's punishment was brutal. But Amber wasn't in the mood for this. She simply wanted something to eat, so she could return to her hideout in her room as quick as possible.