Chapter 32

After fifteen minutes of screaming, crying, shoving, whining, slapping, and hitting, the two had only made it down to the main floor.

Apparently the nurse's office was down another level and Amber was giving in no time soon. If she hated anything the most in the world, it was doctors. Doctors and nurses.

If you asked her why, she couldn't tell you. She just hated them! That was probably half the reason Luna had become so frustrated with her- Amber could not even produce a good reason to avoid going.

She had fought Luna the whole way since she had suggested going to see the nurse. It had gotten so bad Luna was clearly at the point to just murder her so she could easily carry her body down.

Amber was clinging to the last step for her dear life. Tears were streaming down her face for multiple reasons: she didn't feel good, she knew her chances of living with Luna's current rage were slim, and most of all she dreaded going to see this nurse.

"Amber Marie Hunting!" Luna screamed for about the millionth time as she tugged on her hips in attempt to remove her from the staircase.

"No!" Was Amber's harsh reply.

She and Luna both knew Luna couldn't be too rough with her since she was so ill. If she could, they wouldn't be here right now. Luna would have won this fight ages ago.

"Amber. Please!"

"No!" Amber yelled stubbornly as the tears began to progress.

"Why not?!" Luna dropped her hips and Amber grunted as this wasn't expected. Luna stepped up on the stair above the one Amber clung to and glared down at her.

Without a mirror, Amber could only imagine what she must have looked like. She knew her face was blotchy and tear-stained. There had to be at least one set of an outlined hand print due to Luna smacking her so many times.

"Because I feel better?" Amber answered quietly.

This was a complete dose of bullshit and Luna knew it. She stomped her heel down against Amber's hand, causing a loud scream from Amber to fill the rest of the quiet house.

Joel was suddenly behind Luna on the next staircase. His mouth was open wide as he stared at the two of them.

"What the hell?" Is all he said.

Amber grunted and turned her back to them both as she snuggled up close to the wall, holding her hand Luna had shoved her heel into. Yes, she even wore heels with yoga pants.

"The little bitch won't go see the fucking nurse!" She heard Luna shout.

"Woah, there, princess. No need for the curse words."

Amber could just feel Luna glaring at him from behind her back.

At the thought of going to the nurse, Amber let out a loud whimper. She knew she must look to be an overly-dramatic, spoiled girl, but she was literally terrified.

"Look, why don't you let me take her?" She heard Joel offer.

"No," Luna said bluntly.

Amber heard her heels clicking against the staircase but refused to turn. She didn't have much say in the matter, though, when she screamed as Luna yanked her up by her hair. "I will win this!" She raged.

Amber sobbed furiously and tugged on Luna's arm in attempt to yank her off. Her grip on Amber only grew tighter despite Amber's attempts.

"Luna, you're not going to get her anywhere by doing this. You are being so immature. Did you even try to simply ask her?"