Chapter 67

Amber had woken up forty-five minutes later and could not fall back asleep. She felt comfort being in Hailey's arms, but was majorly concerned about Eva.

She knew she was stressing Hailey out, but she couldn't help herself. She always worried.

Amber glanced up at her girlfriend who had her head rested against the couch with her eyes closed. She wasn't asleep, but Amber wanted her to get some rest as well.

"Girl...girls?" Was the soft calling in which got Amber's attention. She had heard that voice somewhere.

She darted her head towards the direction it came from. Her heart stopped when she saw Eva standing nearby. She stood with her hands folded in front of her and her lips were no longer sealed!

"Eva!" Amber yelled and jumped off of Hailey's lap to dart over to the girl.

She held a wide grin on her face and once Amber had reached her, she cupped both hands on either of her shoulders. Her lips only held several small scars but overall, they looked good as new.

Amber let out an excited laugh. She had fixed her! Amber was so happy she could have ran around the whole hospital.

Instead, she looked to the doctor who stood behind Eva. "Thank you so, so much," she said in a much calmer tone.

He only smiled at her and gave her a nod of the head.

Hailey was soon by Amber's side gazing at Eva herself. "They look great, Eva!"

Eva blushed and said, "I know! Thank you so much, miss. I will have to find a way to repay you."

Amber let go of Eva's shoulders and watched Hailey shake her head. "That wouldn't be necessary."

Amber could tell Eva was ready to further argue, but the doctor interrupted her. "Now who was it that had the hurt finger?"

"Amber," Hailey said with an indication to her.

"Alright, come with me, Amber?" He offered with a gentle smile.

Amber seriously did not want Hailey paying for anything else, but she knew she would never talk her out of it. Anyways, she did want her finger fixed. It was still bothering her and was incable of moving.

She followed the doctor, but kept her distance. Even if she had had enough hospital visits by now to get used to doctors, that didn't mean she fully trusted them yet.

He led her into a room, and she felt relieved to find several other doctors in working around a table. The man instructed for her to sit on a plastic chair, and after she had, he knelled down next to her. He gently took her finger which was still covered in the simple kleenax.

She gasped inwardly as he felt around the finger. The doctor imediately dropped her finger and looked worried.

"Did I hurt you?!"

He had hurt her, but she did not want to make him feel bad. "No, it just hurts whenever it is touched."

She watched the man frown. "And you can't move or bend it?"

Amber silently shook her head.

The man clicked his tongue then stood. "Well I'm afraid it is broken. Let me grab a few casts to see which one fits," he said before disappearing out the door.

Amber figured the finger was broken, and knew the kleenax wasn't going to heal it. She sighed and watched the leftover doctors as they worked like bees.

Half and hour later, Amber had a cast bound around her finger.

Hailey stood by the desk to pay and had shooed Amber away so she couldn't hear how much she was paying.