Chapter 26

The next day, Amber was excitedly getting ready for the dance. It was still an hour and a half from starting, but Amber wanted to look her best for Eva.

After jumping out of the shower, she eagerly pulled on the dress Luna had  given her. Looking in the mirror, she found herself to be quite content with it. It looked the same on her body as it did off.

Smiling cheerfully, she skipped over to do her hair.

She stared at her reflection as she wondered what to do with her hair. She set on a fishtail pulled to the side.

After half an hour doing so, and after multiple re-dos of it, she was finally content.

She applied light pink lipstick to match her dress and pulled on the heels Luna had given her. They were small and a pale pink. Amber was relieved that the heel was not too big- she was no person to walk in heels.

She stood in front of her full-length mirror and nodded in approval of her appearance.

She heard a knock at the door and wondered if it was creepy that she already knew who it was by the way they knocked. She quickly grabbed the handful of roses she had picked, and opened the door to find Eva.

A smile appeared on Amber's face as she looked over her date. She wore a green dress that went tight around her waist to show how small she was, but was loose around her breasts and thighs. She wore golden flats and her blond hair was held loosely in two pigtails along with free, wavy hairs that surrounded her face. She wore light makeup and she bit on her lip as she smiled at Amber.

Amber leaned close to her and placed a light peck on her lips.

She didn't wait for Eva to do or say anything as she shoved the roses in front of her, keeping her lips held in a grin.

She watched Eva blush furiously. "Wow, thanks love," she said before taking the roses and pressing them against her nose. She raised her eyes to Amber as she smelled the flowers, and Amber's stomach flipped. She couldn't believe she was lucky enough to be going to the dance with this girl.

Eva raised her head from the roses. "You're so sweet," she complimented Amber.

Amber let out a small giggle and glanced back in her room to check the digital clock which stood by her bedside. "Ooh! The party is about to start," she informed her as she turned back to face Eva.

The girl grabbed her hand. "Well what are we waiting for?"

The two of them ran off; hand in hand. They stopped by Eva's room so she could drop off the flowers Amber had given her before heading to the dance.

Amber didn't even have a clue where it was being held, but Eva was on top of it. She first led Amber down to the main floor, which people were flooding into from the front door. Amber was staring at the people, but before she gained any details, she was ripped from the scene due to Eva tugging her down a hallway.

Soon enough, the two of them were heading into a large room which appeared half its size due to all the people. How many friends did this family have in all? Or better yet, how many people in this room were actually family members?

Amber must have shown on her face her amount of shock since Eva laughed at her before continuing to enter the room.

Amber gazed at those who surrounded her as she took note at the piano softly playing in the background.

Her attention was pulled to Eva as she tugged her onto the actual dance floor and soon had her hands placed on Amber's hips. Amber blushed lightly and placed her hands on Eva's shoulders as they immediately joined the others in the slow swaying. Amber smiled as she thought of what a terrific night she had placed ahead of her.