Chapter 59

"Okay...I think I get it," Amber said around her pencil which sat in between her teeth.

"You think?!" Joel groaned before slamming his head against the table.

Amber frowned. He had been spending an hour with her trying to help her with her Chemistry homework, but she still only partially understood it.

"Maybe you're just a bad tutor," Amber suggested after taking the pencil out of her mouth.

"Maybe you're just a bad learner!" Joel joked back.

Amber rolled her eyes. She had not yet asked Luna about her and Hailey's plans, but did plan on doing so after she had finished her homework. And now that she was finished, it was time. Her and Hailey had talked after school, and Hailey told her she needed to tell Eva what had happened. Amber, though, was not sure about that idea. She could not help but worry about what that would do to their friendship. What if she told her, but Luna ended up not even doing anything about it?

Once away from Joel, Amber went to sought out Luna. She was nervous to ask her, but did not know why Luna wouldn't allow her to go, so she was sure it would turn out alright.

She reached the double doors which guarded the woman's bedroom. Amber gently tapped against them, having a flashback of the time she caught Samuel and her having sex.

After Amber had shivered from the thought, Luna soon appeared at the door. She looked down at Amber with obvious disgust and it took all of Amber not to look up at her the same way.

"What is it?" Luna asked quite rudely.

"Uhh...I have something to ask you. We're having another History lesson after school tomorrow, but this one is three hours."

Amber nervously stared up at her mistress and watched her face turn into slight shock. "Three hours?! By the end of the year, you're going to find yourself going to six hour long lessons. Ugh...I need to contact your teacher."

"No!" Amber blurted out without thinking.

Luna raised a curious eyebrow at her. "Excuse me? Why not? And are you telling your stepmother no?"

Luna was bending down to loom over Amber in dominance and Amber had no other choice but to back down. She so badly wished to scream at her, to cuss at her, and tell her off, but knew that would only result in punishment.

"Of course not, mistress. I just...these sessions really help."

Luna hesitated a moment before softly smiling and leaning back out of Amber's face. "Well alright, as long as they're doing good. I'll pick you up after three hours if that's what you need."

Amber quickly and hopefully nodded. Luna kept her smile as she then re-entered her room and shut the door.

Amber somehow avoided jumping up and down for joy. She only wished she had her phone so she could text Hailey and let her know she had pulled it off. She would be so excited!

She knew she should get to finding Eva, but she seriously did not want to. She had a feeling it would only ruin everything, and honestly, Amber was exhausted. It was not too late, but she had had a long day.

As she made her way to her room, she wondered about the possibility if Eva was avoiding her. Maybe she wished she hadn't given her the necklace, or just simply did not know what to say to her. Or maybe Luna had already gotten her and she was locked up somewhere!

Amber shook her head as she realized how paranoid she was. She desperately needed to get into bed as it seemed to be her only escape.

**************************************************************