Chapter 71

*********************** 

Oh my goodness. So a selection of the previous chapter didn't upload correctly and you all are probably confused as hell. I fixed it, so go look back at the part when Luna picks Amber up from school. I'm sorry, Wattpad has been a real bitch lately. I dunno if any of you are experiencing issues, but I am. x..x

************************

"Who are all these gifts for? Your wife?" Luna asked with a scrunched up nose as she drove Amber to school the following day.

Amber frowned at her from over the batch of flowers and present which sat in her lap. "Just a friend," she replied.

Luna rolled her eyes. "Mhm."

Amber huffed at her. She could think what she wanted, even if she was right. Amber was just happy she hadn't bugged her much about the gifts.

Luna dropped her off and Amber practically skipped into the school. She was so excited, she couldn't stand herself. She needed to hurry and give the gifts to Hailey, because it was about time for her morning detention.

Once inside the building, Amber literally ran to Hailey's classroom. She came to a halt at her doorway and slowly peeked inside. She found Hailey squatted in front of a shelf of books. She was grazing her finger down a stack as if she was reading the sides.

A smile crept on Amber's lips as she tip-toed her way into the class. She was discrete as possible as she snuck up behind Hailey.

Her girlfriend luckily hadn't noticed or heard a thing, because she jumped when Amber leaned over her shoulder.

"Hello, beautiful," Amber said warmly as she leaned over the back of Hailey.

Hailey let out a laugh and Amber watched as the blush appeared on her cheeks. "Oh, Amber. You startled me!" She exclaimed before pulling a book out from the shelf and standing.

Amber grinned and once Hailey was facing her, her eyes grew slightly wide. "What is all this?"

"It's for you," Amber said quietly. She could feel her own cheeks now flush as she handed the gifts to her. "Merry Christmas, babe."

Hailey's face lit up, making Amber feel all warm and jittery inside. She took the gifts and scanned them over. "Amber! You shouldn't have."

"But I did!" She beamed.

Hailey pressed the tulips up against her nose and they kept the smile on her face. "They're lovely!"

Amber leaned in to peck her lips, and after returning the small kiss, Hailey headed towards the door to shut and lock it.

"Well I got you something as well, and I told Joshua he didn't have to come to detention so we could get some alone time," Hailey gushed.

Amber's heart fluttered. She was so adorable!

"Awesome," Amber commented as she made her way to Hailey's desk which the woman had sat on top of. She thought of how bad she would have felt if Hailey had given her her gift, and she had nothing to exchange it with. She was extremely thankful for Joel and his kindness.

"Can I open this?" Hailey asked with an indication to the wrapped box.

Amber nodded excitedly as she stood between Hailey's legs and in front of the desk.

She watched Hailey rip open the present, and Amber prayed she would like what she unwrapped.

Her prayers were answered, as a grin grew on Hailey's lips once the present was open. "Oh, Amber..."