Chapter 76

Amber spent most of her Saturday forcing herself to sleep. She hadn't been able to due to all the information she had recently gathered, along with what happened with Luna. She was so disappointed in herself, but knew Hailey would double the disappointment. She wasn't for certain she was going to tell her, although she knew it would be the right thing to do.

Her restlessness was causing her to be tried and sleepy as hell. It was now Sunday. Luna surprisingly hadn't bothered her since the incident. She didn't know if her arm was alright, but frankly, she didn't care. Why should she? Yeah, she felt a tad guilty, but knew Luna would be just fine. She always was going on about how powerful she was, so she should be alright. Did Amber really care about Luna? She couldn't. Luna was evil. The only thing Amber liked about her was her sexual attraction and actions.

Amber was grossed out by herself. She was so lustful. She was well aware it was wrong, but with Luna, it seemed right. The whole situation was odd. The way they both despised simply talking to the other, yet they had sex like it was nobody's business.

Amber groaned. She couldn't explain this to Hailey. Who would want to date someone like that? If Amber couldn't stand her own self, how could someone else?

Amber just left the bathroom and caught Eva right down the hall. The girl noticed her first, and instantly yelled out for her.

"Amber!" She exclaimed as she practically tackled her to the floor.

Amber giggled and tightly hugged her as she tried not to loose her balance. For such a small girl, she gave massive hugs.

"Hey! How are you doing?"

It had been a few days of not speaking to Eva, and Amber was pleased that she hadn't yet told what Eva told her about her father. It was hard to think that Luna was so evil, that she wouldn't mind killing Amber. And especially right before her father's eyes.

"I'm alright. Yourself?"

"Same," Amber told her. She remembered how Joel had treated Eva not too long ago. "How's Joel treating you?"

Eva made a face. "Eh..."

Amber frowned at her. "He's still being a douche?"

Eva's cheeks turned a light pink as she smirked. "I don't think I should say that."

Amber then laughed and nudged Eva's arm. "Yeah, probably not. Although you know you gotta admit it."

Eva glanced around then giggled and nodded vigorously.

Amber smiled at her friend, even though inside she was practically crying. This was all still her fault. It always had been. If she wasn't born, Eva wouldn't be a slave. Miranda woulnd't be a slave either. Them both, and along with others, wouldn't be in the situation they were in. Yes, she understood it was their own parents' decision to follow Amber's family's ways, but that didn't mean the whole problem did not lead down to her.

She recalled back to the first day she had came. Luna had looked at her with such disgust, and she now understood why. But still, was it worth all this? She wondered if all the other slaves or people had looked at her with eyes filled with hatred. She hadn't paid too much attention to the others as she was too worried about other things.

"Well, I'll see you later, Amber," Eva said to cut through Amber's thoughts.

Amber blinked then nodded. "Alright."

Eva offered a small smile before walking past her.

As she looked after the girl, she hoped Joel wasn't being too awful to her. Was his anger and irritability her fault as well?