Chapter 31

Amber was unsure of how long she had slept, but once woken up, she found that Luna was gone.

She sighed and slowly sat up in the bed. Her head still ached, but was no longer throbbing. Her door was shut, but she heard voices from outside of it.

Not being able to recognize who they belonged to or what they were saying, Amber grew curious and stepped off the bed without thinking. She found herself to be more weak than she thought as she tumbled down and met the floor with her face.

She must have caused a ruckus since she heard her door creek open. She whined and moved her head against the floor to find Luna.

She knew the party was over as she saw Luna clad in casual, red yoga pants and a simple black tank. Her hair had gone from a fancy bun, to a completely messy, loose bun.

Amber expected Luna to laugh at her, but felt relieved when she did not. She instead walked over to her with no expression and helped her to sit back up on the edge of her bed.

Instead of saying anything to her, Luna turned her head to the door which stood halfway open. "Miranda!" She yelled loudly, causing a painful ring to go off inside of Amber's ears.

She questioned whether Luna had been completely right when she said that Amber would feel better once she woke up.

Her thoughts transferred over to the girl who had entered her room. She was about Amber's size and had medium-lengthened red hair. It was completely straight and she wore a small white dress.

"Yes, Miss?" She asked Luna, making her status to be known as another slave girl.

"Go get Amber here a glass of blood," she commanded.

Amber's eyes grew wide as the girl nodded and darted off. She still was not used to being a vampire.

Luna walked over to Amber's closet and distracted her from being about to ask about the blood.

She watched as she rummaged through her closet and seeming to be content with what she had in hand, returned to Amber's side.

She held her hand out to Amber and she slowly took it. Luna helped her rise to her feet.

She held onto Luna's shoulder to keep from falling as Luna let go of her. She gasped as Luna began to undo Amber's dress. She really did not need another make out session.

Luna eyed her. "Calm down. I'm helping you change."

That's when Amber remembered that she was still in her fancy dress. She felt like a child as Luna yanked off the dress and helped her slide on a small nightgown.

Once dressed, Amber looked down at herself to inspect what Luna had put her in. It was a shade of light blue and had a bow right under her breasts.

Luna guided her back to the bed and sat her on the edge once more.

Miranda appeared again with a clear glass, making the blood which filled it visible.

Luna took the glass from her and stood in front of Amber.

Once Miranda was gone, Amber turned her nose up at the glass as Luna held it to her lips.

"Go on," she instructed.

"But..." Amber quietly whined.

"It will give you energy, Amber."

Too tired to protest anymore, Amber opened her mouth and let Luna tip the cup up so the liquid slid inside her mouth.

She closed her eyes at the delightful taste that flooded her mouth. She swallowed it down and opened her mouth for more, but only found disappointment as Luna took the cup away.

Luna caught Amber's pouting and she set the cup on the bedside table. "You have to take it slow."

Luna must have actually been right this time, since Amber was already beginning to feel as if she was finally fully awake.

Luna sat next to Amber. "So, do you recall anything else now?" She quizzed her.

Amber hesitated and shook her head, silently lying once more.

Luna sighed in disappointment and copied Amber as she, too, shook her head. "It's so odd you don't remember a thing. I wonder what happened."

"Me too," Amber replied quietly.

Amber suddenly felt small rings of sweat form on her forehead, and her stomach flopped. She jumped up from her bed and pushed past Luna as the urge to vomit grew stronger.

She bolted out of the room, and after tripping multiple times on the way, finally reached the bathroom nearby.

She headed straight for the toilet and leaned over it, heaving. Nothing came out, though, besides pure saliva.

Her eyes stung with tears as her body heaved, in clear attempt to force her to puke. Despite its efforts, nothing valuable escaped. Her body finally gave in and she wiped her mouth.

She reached up and flushed down her saliva as she looked at the doorway to find Luna staring at her.

Amber groaned lightly and leaned against the bathtub nearby.

"What is up with you?" Luna questioned, sounding both concerned and irritated.

Amber somewhat shrugged before pulling her knees to her chest. She curled up in a ball against the tub and watched Luna approach her.

She stared down at her for several moments before reaching down a hand to her. "That's it, we're going to the nurse."