Chapter 49

"I'm sorry, but you brought this on yourself, Amber," Lucy told her after Amber had finished explaining everything that had occurred after class.

Amber grumbled under her breath. Sure, she did. But what about Hailey? She had done loads of shit to Amber in one single night, so what rule was against Amber getting a little revenge?

Lucy sighed and Amber could feel her staring at her while Amber's eyes lingered down on her plate of mashed potatoes she had yet to touch. She still was the least bit of hungry, and wasn't about to eat now. For once, she only wanted to go back to Luna's home. There was so much drama here, but when she thought about it, there was so much drama period. She only wanted things to go back to the way they were: when her family was one, when they didn't have random intruders splitting them up, and when they were'nt faced with the vampire issue.

"How is your mother going to react to all your detentions?" Lucy slowly asked her.

Amber could not stop the tears this time. She allowed them to roll down her cheeks. She stared down at her plate and watched the droplets run down her face and onto her potatoes under her.

"Amber! What's wrong, I was only trying to-"

Amber stood, cutting Lucy off. She wiped at her eyes before actually addressing the girl. "It's not you, it's just...Luna will never be my mother, okay?"

Amber left her tray seated on the table as she stalked off to find the nearest restroom.

She was extremely thankful to find the bathroom vacant, and once in a stall of her own, she sobbed. Let's face it...her life sucked. Nothing was going right and from the look of things, nothing would ever turn up. Her mother was gone. Her father had given her to Luna. Luna was horrid and evil and tore her father from her. She supposed it did not matter, though, since her father clearly never wanted her anyways.

Amber eventually found herself drowning in her depressing thoughts and tears, and forced herself to stop crying. But thinking...that was a harder one.

Once she collected herself, she hadn't a clue what to do. She for sure could not go back into the cafeteria. She felt guilty because of the way she had treated Lucy when her friend was only being kind. Maybe she should apologize...

Amber sighed and leaned against the stall wall. She could apologize later. Now, she just needed some alone time.

*****************************************************************************

The school day eventually came to an end, but that didn't mean it officially was over for Amber. She took her furry out on her locker by slamming it shut before making her way to Hailey's classroom, dreading her future experience.

She approached the class, finding the door to be propped open as usual. Amber grudgingly entered the room, but saw no sign of Hailey. She tossed her backpack onto a nearby desk and leaned against it while waiting for her teacher to show up.

Amber had been standing in that position for approximately five minutes, and just when she was about to say 'fuck it', and leave, Hailey entered.

She walked into the class paying no mind to Amber as she was reading papers which sat in her hands. Hailey finally glanced up and made eye contact with Amber. She seemed frozen for an instant and awkwardly walked past Amber.

"You can do the same thing you did yesterday," Hailey said as she bent down to retrieve the cleaning supplies from a low drawer.

Amber bit back a groan as she took the supplies from Hailey. She was soon busy cleaning the boards, just as she had predicted she would be earlier.