Chapter 45

Amber was still smiling when the bell rang to end the math class. All the students got up to leave, but Amber stayed still since she had to stay after.

"Good luck," Lucy whispered to her with a chuckled as she passed her desk.

Amber chuckled back and watched as she left the classroom.

Hailey was still busy at her desk, and didn't seem to notice that Amber was there. She frowned. Did Hailey not even remember what she had told her?

As if she read her mind, Hailey glanced up at stared at Amber. Amber's smile slowly faded as they had another stare down. Hailey's brown eyes seemed to twinkle against the sunlight shining through the windows as she kept them focused on Amber.

Amber's smile eventually slowly crept back as she won the competition. Hailey sighed and had went back to organizing papers on her desk.

 Why was she acting like this? If she really disliked Amber, she had no legitimate excuse to. Amber was the one who should have multiple things against her. Hailey was the one who had tricked her, drugged her, used her, and then appeared at her school. That was another odd point: what happened to Amber's old math teacher? And how old was Hailey really? At the party, she had looked maximum twenty years old.

She watched Hailey continue to fiddle with the papers on the desk as she finally spoke up. "What is the purpose of being so disrespectful to me?" She asked, not bothering to lift her eyes to Amber.

"What's the purpose of drugging me and using me?" Amber asked back.

She watched as Hailey huffed and violently slammed a stack of papers against the desk.

Hailey finally moved her gaze to Amber, who hadn't moved from her position. She began walking towards her and Amber felt butterflies filling her stomach. No matter how much Amber was frustrated with her, she was smoking hot.

Amber held her stance as Hailey leaned down and rested her hands against Amber's desk. She loomed over her, but Amber wasn't looking up at her eyes. She was staring right at her plump breasts.

Before she knew what was going on, Hailey's finger was under Amber's chin, lifting her head and forcing her to stare up at the beauty.

As Hailey leaned down closer, her curls brushed against Amber's cheek.

Amber closed her eyes and soon felt the expected feeling of Hailey's lips gently pressed against her own. She tasted great, and Amber spread open her mouth, silently begging for Hailey's tongue.

Hailey took the invitation and her tongue began scraping against Amber's. Amber felt something cool along with Hailey's warm tongue and used her own tongue to search for it. She ran her tongue over Hailey's and felt a cool, small ball. It was a tongue ring! How had she not noticed that when they kissed before? 

She suddenly came to her senses as Hailey's ring ran over her inner cheeks. She was doing it again. She disliked this woman. She had used her and drugged her. The worst part was that she couldn't or wouldn't even explain why.

Amber leaned back slowly to break the intensely soft kiss, and opened her eyes to find Hailey still leaning close to her face. "I suppose that makes up for what you said to me during class," Hailey told her with a quiet, silky voice.

Amber blinked and found herself smiling. She wasn't sure why, though. She was extremely disappointed with herself. And what was Hailey getting at by kissing her like that?

Hailey softly sighed as she leaned back to stand in front of Amber instead of leaning over her. "I'll see you after school," she told her, clearly dismissing her from the classroom.

Amber quickly gathered her things and ran out of the room, glancing back only once to find Hailey staring after her.

*****************
"What's up with you today?" Lucy asked with her nose cringed up.

Amber sighed as she sat across from her friend at the lunch table. She expected a similar question from her, along with many, many more, but had been too lazy and distracted to prepare a good reason and excuse.

"Nothing!" Amber said innocently as she piled the ketchup on her cheeseburger.

She looked up to find Lucy frowning and glaring at her at the same time. Amber let out a nervous chuckle and searched her mind for any topic that would change the subject.

She was still pondering on Lucy's question, though. She really had no answer. She didn't even know what was going on. Who was Hailey to her? Why did they kiss again? Over all questions, why did she drug her?

Lucy's lips were still held in a frown as she finally began to eat her food, deciding she was done staring suspiciously at Amber.

Amber felt bad for not being honest with Lucy, but what other choice did she have? She couldn't tell her any of her secrets. And hell, if she couldn't answer her own questions, how would she possibly answer Lucy's?

"Are you okay?" Amber quietly asked, cutting into the awkward silence that filled the space between them.

"I'm fine. I'm just wondering if you are!"

"What makes you think that I'm not alright?" Amber inquired.

"Because of math today...that shit wasn't like you," Lucy reminded her with her eyebrows raised.

Amber let out a laugh. "You probably haven't known me long enough to know this, but when I'm mad, I don't even know myself. I tend to do or say things I would never imagine doing when I'm not angry. And today happened to be one of those times," Amber explained, this time being quite truthful.

Lucy took a second to take all Amber had said in before responding. "You need therapy," she stated before picking at her noodles.

Amber burst into laughter despite not knowing whether or not Lucy was being serious or not.

Her mind wandered on to what would happen after school. She definitely did not want to do anything else with Hailey, but she was determined to get answers. She wasn't going after school to 'help' her. Hell no.

She would get something accomplished no matter how much force it took. And based on her aggression, and what she just explained to Hailey, she probably wouldn't get to be in control of half the stuff that would occur.

Lucy was most likely serious in what she had said...and if she was not, then she should have been. Amber needed therapy.