Chapter 58

****************************************

I'm backkk!

The trip was amazing, but it's great to be back home. :3 Here's another chapter for you amazing peoples. c;

Hope you weren't too upset while I was gone. :p

******************************************

Luna was furious that she had to wake up earlier to take Amber to morning detention. She felt a bit guilty that Luna had to do this, but after the remembrance of what a terrible person she was, she no longer cared.

"I don't understand why it is so damn difficult to just be simply good!" Luna ranted on as they climbed inside her car.

"I don't purposely get in trouble," Amber told her quietly. "I have a purpose for the things I do."

Luna's pink eyes were soon narrowed at Amber. "For some reason..."

Amber tilted her head when Luna's sentence trailed off. Her eyes were soon back to their original position, but they were a faded red. Amber followed them and found them to be focused on her neck. Oh God. The necklace! Or maybe...maybe she was thirsty and was about to feed from Amber.

Terrified of either option, Amber turned her back to her in attempt to hide her neck.

She heard Luna hiss lightly and the woman's hand soon had a tight grip on Amber's shoulder. She pulled her so she was facing her once more. Amber kept her eyes on Luna's as they trailed along her neck.

"My..." Luna finally spoke with a small smile. "What is this?"

Amber held her breath as one of Luna's long fingers was under the heart around her neck. Shit. She was in big trouble now. She swore she had tucked it under her collar!

"Hm?" Luna urged as her eyes darted to glance at Amber's face.

"It's...it's only a necklace," Amber told her.

Luna then glared at her. "I know that, smart ass," she growled as she ripped the necklace off Amber's neck.

Amber grunted and watched helplessly as Luna inspected it. "It is very beautiful. Who gave this to you?" She asked in a stern tone.

"Nobody...please, just...give me it back?"

Amber could not have said anything worse than that. Luna's expression told her she was in the middle of fuming now.

Luna then unexpectedly laughed. "Give you it back?! I don't think so, darling."

Amber's eyes widened as Luna stepped out of the car and began to walk away. Amber soon jumped out and jogged to catch up with her. Luna's dark hair danced around in the wind, and her loose navy dress swayed as well.

Luna was headed for the waterfall which sat on the side of the house. Amber followed close behind the entire way, but was too afraid to say a word.

That was, until Luna held up the necklace several feet away from the fountain, clearly ready to chuck it at any moment. She looked at Amber with a small smile painted on her red lips.

"Luna...Please! What are you doing?!" Amber had to shout over the ruckus from the waterfall. If Luna threw it, she would be back to having absolutely no clue or reference to her mother. Her eyes welled up with tears just at the thought of loosing the necklace she now treasured so much.

"Tell me why I should not throw this right now, Amber," Luna commanded.

"Because...because it means so much to me," Amber pleaded. "Please, mistress!"