Chapter 60

Amber blinked several times, but squeezed her eyes back shut after being blinded by a horribly bright light. She grew the courage to peek her eyes open once more, and did so slowly. As they adjusted, she came aware of her odd surroundings and terrible headache.

The ceiling above her which she stared at did not look at all like the one back at the house. She was so confused as she tried to think about what was going on. Her confusion then changed to plain shock when she looked to her right and found an angry looking Hailey. The woman stood next to the bedside in nothing but a long, oversized t-shirt.

Suddenly, everything came back. She had spent the night at this woman's house! She must have gotten so drunk...oh, no...Luna!

Amber simply stared at Hailey, and she must have read her mind. "Yeah! You're fucked!" She shouted way too loud, making Amber cover her ears in pain. She was suffering from a terrible hangover and felt as if she were going to puke. Luna was going to rip her to pieces. Did she have any idea where she was at?

Her thoughts were intruded as she soon found herself to be smacked with a pillow multiple times. "Eh!" She yelled as she jumped up. This only resulted in a wave of horrid pain and Amber tumbled against the wall and fell back against it with a groan.

"You're so stupid!" Hailey shouted before chucking the pillow at Amber's face.

At first, Amber was upset and scared. But now she was furious. What the hell was the lady's problem? She had gotten drunk, too!

Amber glared at Hailey from the opposite side of the bed. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She yelled back.

"Me?! It's you that has the problem! You're the one that fucking got so drunk you spent the night at my house!"

With each loud word of Hailey's, Amber's head throbbed ten times harder. But her anger swallowed over her pain. "You got drunk, too, bitch!"

She should have known Hailey was similar to Luna in the way that she took no attitude. The woman angrily muttered under her breath as she furiously made her way towards Amber. Just by the look on her face, Amber cursed and cowered close to the wall as some sort of protection.

Hailey finally put her stomping to a halt as she stood nose to nose with Amber. Amber kept her cool and refused to back down since she hadn't done anything worse than the things Hailey had done. They had both gotten drunk and lost in the night. They had both forgotten that Amber needed to get back to the shop and home in one piece.

"Do you realize the amount of trouble you're in with Luna?" Hailey asked and Amber twitched from her cool breath hitting her skin with each word.

"Yes! I don't need you to lecture me about it!" Amber shouted, afraid she was about to reach her limit. What good was it going to do to sit here and argue? They needed to come up with a solution before Amber was killed.

Hailey let out a small grunt in obvious anger. She leaned away from Amber for an instant only to return back in front of her face. "Oh...God! I could hit you right now!"

Amber's eyes then filled with tears. The last thing she wanted was to be hit by the woman she loved. She stayed quiet and simply took a seat on the floor at Hailey's feet. She looked up at her to prove she was backing down from the argument. She was still angry, but this was getting ridiculous. All this arguing was going to do nothing but hurt their relationship.

Hailey must have finally came to realization of the same thing as she silently stared down at Amber.

"I'm sorry," Amber whispered up at her. She secretly only half meant it since she had not done much wrong at all, but she decided to be the mature one and apologize anyways.