Chapter 63

******************

I feel like that chapter gave a better idea at Luna's character and made the book a bit more interesting. I know i said I would only give her one chapter, but I might have to do that again. :o

Once more, keep up all the comments,I love hearing what you have to say c:

*******************

The next day at school was long, and Amber was relieved when it came to an end. Not much happened with Hailey, and Amber had actually made it to morning detention.

She was down all day due to Luna. The woman was in the process of making her life a living hell. She had confronted her about being her aunt, and things hadn't gone well. Amber's cheek was still pink because of the slap she had received from her.

She didn't know how much more she could face the woman. But there she was in the car with her. She continued to refuse to speak to her unless necessary. She was aware that Luna kept eyeing her, but Amber kept her eyes out the window until they reached the house.

She did her usual act of rushing out of the car as if it were about to explode into flames. The only thing on her mind was Eva. She needed to talk to her!

She carelessly threw her backpack on the ground once in the house. She couldn't wait a second longer, the girl had been on her mind all day. Even Hailey suggested she talk to her, and Amber knew what had happened last time she brushed off Hailey's suggestion.

Amber stopped by her own room to change out of her uniform before going on her search. After changing clothes, she began to search the large house, but was stopped by Joel's voice. It came from outside of his room, and he did not sound happy. Amber pressed her ear against the door in attempt to get a better hearing.

"What the hell, Eva?! You better tell me what is going on right now!" He roared.

Amber wondered what had happened. Didn't he see that Eva couldn't speak?

"Why would she...ugh!" Joel ranted after a moment. "And you. Why would you tell Amber? You had to see this coming."

Amber figured they were using the same system her and Eva had with the writing her responses down since Joel continued hesitating before speaking once more.

"You didn't think she would do this?" He laughed. "You're just plain dumb then."

Amber wanted to run inside and get herself involved. Joel had no right to yell at Eva, it was Amber's fault.

Just as she considered barging in, the door swung open. Amber leaned back and gaped at Joel's back. He was still going on about things, but shut his mouth once he turned and saw Amber.

"Oh...Amber."

Amber awkwardly pulled up her shoulders, completely speechless. She figured he hated her now- she had ruined his beloved slave's life.

She spotted Eva's head peek around the door. Amber's eyes grew almost as wide as Eva's as she saw her lips. They looked even worse than before. Dried blood surrounded the pale lips, and one loose stitch hung down from her flesh.

"Uh...I came to talk to her," Amber quietly noted with an indication to her friend.

Joel frowned at Amber with a slight narrowing of his eyes. "Too bad she can't talk back."

Amber immediately stared at the floor in shame. "Joel, it's my fault, I...I'm so sorry. I did not mean for this to happen."

She heard Joel sigh and she darted her head up to face him once more. "I know you didn't Amber, but what has happened has happened. But yes, I suppose you can speak with her," he said with a glance back at Eva before returning his dark eyes to Amber. "I need to go confront Luna about her doings," he continued before brushing past Amber.