Chapter 80

Exactly a month had passed from that day. Everything was going on so smoothly, Amber knew it had to be fake. She had told her parents immediately afterwards that she wanted to meet the rest of her family. Half of them were still in the house. They had hosted a large family reunion, and had even invited Luna and Eva. The reunion had gone quite well, as no one was rude to Luna or Eva.

Amber had discovered that she had three other aunts and one other uncle. They had all been living at the house the entire time; Amber just hadn't known it! She even had several cousins she was pleased to get to know.

Luna and Eva were apparently doing terrific together. With all of Luna's money alone, they could afford an entire house. It wasn't too large since it was only for the two of them, but Amber was glad everything had worked out. They had gotten along so far, and Eva had even rejoined Dark Shadows! It was a good thing that Lucy and Eva got along. Hell, Lucy loved Eva almost as much as Amber did. Eva was in Amber's chemistry class ever since she returned to the school which pleased her. She couldn't get into Hailey's class since she only taught seniors, and Eva was a junior. Hailey and Amber were still going strong, and the woman would often spend the night at the house. Their relationship had in fact grown due to Luna not standing in the way. But then again, Hailey didn't know of the things which filled Amber's mind about Luna. She just needed to get over herself. It would never work. Plus, Hailey was a good woman. It was quite ridiculous feeling being torn between two older women, but they were both so amazing!

Luna had done as she promised by sending the forms to disown Amber to allow her parents to take her back. It was nice to be back with her family, but there was no doubt in the fact that she missed Luna. Amber just didn't understand why she cared so much after all that the woman had done. Yes, she had apologized, but did Amber forgive her that much? Had she really completely forgiven her? Even after a month, Amber was still questioning everything. What if her and Luna were meant to be together? She knew she was still with Hailey, but Luna wouldn't leave her mind alone.

As for Samuel and Joel, the two cheaters were in a full on relationship. They both lived at the house, and Joel still hadn't apologized for what he had done by being with Samuel. Samuel didn't have much to say on the matter, most likely since he was a quiet guy in general.

Amber and Joel's relationship had been greatly effected by the deal. She didn't trust him as much, and therefore didn't speak to him as often. He realized this, and had mentioned it. Amber told him it was because he didn't feel the least bad for what he had done. Joel's response was telling Amber it had nothing to do with her, so she shouldn't care.

"Your homework, Amber?"

At the sound of Hailey's voice, Amber snapped out of her trance. She currently sat in the classroom, not giving Hailey a bit of attention.

She took a moment to blink up at her girlfriend. She loomed over her with a stern expression, probably because she could tell Amber hadn't done it. Amber was still trying to catch up on all her schoolwork since the entire disaster had bumped her off track.

Even with the expression Hailey was giving her, she looked stunning as her light hair sat in perfect ringlets and her brown eyes popped from her head due to the smoky makeup she wore. She killed the tight cheetah dress which was half covered by the black blazer.

"Uh...I didn't do it," Amber finally admitted. Hailey had gone around to collect all the homework and she stood holding a stack of papers from the kids who had actually done it.

Hailey frowned down at her, reminding Amber how she would never get used to this kind of relationship.

"Amber, this is the sixth assignment you have brushed off. When are you going to start doing the work I give you again?"