Chapter 20

Amber was in the kitchen the next day busy enjoying herself to a turkey sandwich and strawberries when she heard a familiar voice call out her name.

She turned in her chair and found Eva standing nearby cheesing at her.

Amber automatically giggled at her appearance. "Hi, Eva."

"Hey, mind if I..sit?" Eva asked while she pointed to the chair next to Amber.

In response, Amber pulled out the chair to her right for Eva and watched as the girl sat in it.

Eva made a face at Amber's sandwich. "Is that any good?"

Amber nodded. "Why?"

Eva shrugged. "I dunno, I just have never had a sandwich while living here before."

Amber shoved the sandwich up to Eva's mouth. "Well try it now!"

Eva blushed but held back her protests as she took a nibble from the sandwich. "Hm...I think I like it," she said after swallowing it down.

"You think?" Amber laughed at her friend.

Eva grinned and nodded.

Amber smiled at her before finishing off the rest of her lunch.

"Oh! Thanks so much for asking Joel to tell me what's going on."

Eva leaned forward and held her head in her hand. "It's fine. Did he help any?"

Amber was about to point to her eyes, but then remembered they were now brown again. She had fallen to sleep for several hours, and when she woke, they were back to normal.

So instead, Amber just leaned closer to Eva and told her. "I'm half-vampire. But that is only half the excitement."

Eva's face seemed to light up and she physically urged Amber to continue.

Amber did not hesitate to tell Eva everything.

She told her how Joel had shown her her true eye color, and how she had bitten Luna.

"Oh wow! How did she react?"

Amber was about to spill on about that as well, but was silenced by Luna's voice behind her. "I reacted just fine, thank you."

Amber cringed and turned around as she muttered a curse word from under her breath. She was about to be killed.

After turning in her chair, Amber found herself facing her angry-faced mistress. Amber flashed her a small smile and turned back to Eva who was red in the face. This girl was always blushing.

"That's...that's exactly how I was about to describe her reaction," Amber said with a nervous chuckle.

Luna coughed. "Amber. A word please."

Amber sighed as she stood from the table and followed Luna out into the hallway. She wondered how this woman always knew when she was up to something. The phone, Joel telling her she was not fully human, and now this.

The two entered the hallway and Amber stood before Luna. Her mistress wore high black pants and a lavender top which swayed whenever she took a step.

"Amber..." Luna clapped her hands together and caused Amber to jump. "Do you think that just because you bit me, means that you're some big name now? You can't just go around boasting about it. It's nothing special here when we are all vampires."

Amber did not know weather to laugh or glare. Luna was making it obvious how humiliated she was that Amber had proved her wrong. At the same time, though, Amber was infuriated over the fact that Luna could not accept it and move on.

Luna began to intimidatingly tap her foot against the floor.

Being frightened by her, Amber gave in. She had already learned that it was no use to put up a fight- Luna would always win...with an exception of Amber feeding from her.

"Yes...I understand. I'll stay quiet, Miss," Amber said quietly.

She could feel Luna smiling even though she was not looking directly at her. "Good, I wouldn't want to have to punish you over something so...simple."

Amber could feel herself loosing it again. "You don't even have the right to do that," she told Luna through clenched teeth as she stared just beyond her mistress.

Luna grabbed Amber's chin and forced her to look up at her. Amber let out a small groan of annoyance from Luna always manhandling her.

"Oh, I don't? Oh, but darling, I think I do. I own you, remember?"

"Technically you don't though! Because neither of parents agreed!"

Luna let out a harsh laugh. "You think that? I'll prove otherwise, come on."

Luna let go of Amber's chin, but soon had hold of her once more anyways as she grabbed her wrist instead.

She began to pull Amber around and Amber wondered what could possibly be going on. She could not actually be Luna's. It was impossible.