Goodbye brother

*on coruscant*

Nara had felt uneasy the entire trip back to coruscant ,her mind was constantly going over the worst case  scenarios.  padmae tried taking the edge off by playing games on the ships hollo-device, but nara still felt deadly worried. 

"It's going to be ok trooper" padmae smiled knowing full well how stressful the war was ,especially when loved ones were at stake.

"Thank you sena.. padmae" Nara stuttered. She watched closely as the senator was moving into attack position on the game board. Nara silently remembered how kix had shown her how to play ,after a very stressful day of patching up the wounded.  He wasn't very good in her opinion, however it was a memory she held dearly. She quickly picked up on the senators play and moved into a direct position to take her out. 

"Not bad huh you might be better than even me"Padmae smirked.

 Nara gave a quick laugh "to be honest when you play with your brothers constantly, you learn how to think outside of the box" she said. 

Padmae laughed at the troopers rather peculiar humour.

*loading doc back on coruscant*

Once the senator was taken into good hands Nara went off to private place in the senate building. Quickly she turned on her com link to the Chanel that Rex and the rest of her brothers used. Rex did warm her not to call them on their mission as it might compromise their safety, but she couldn't wait. 

"Rex this is Nara please come in " her voice tinged with panic.

The com was silent showing no signs of chatter, she tried again.

"REX PLEASE RESPOND" fear sounded in her voice.

The com slowly lit up "Rex here" he sounded worn down.

"Rex, this is nara is everything all right, are guys ok" she questioned.

"We're ok" he answered "but you need to come down to the landing platform of the Jedi temple , I'll tell the guards your on your way" and with that he was gone.

Her stomach twisted what did he mean she need to come to the landing platform . She quickly took off into a sprint down the hallway.

* at the Jedi landing platform *

Just as Rex had said the temple guards led her to the landing platform. Pausing just in front of the ship. The ship doors opened to find the two generals and the commander waking wearily from the ship. Nara noticed a new group of men including an officer with a stuck up personality.  she then saw them ,Rex and fives; she wanted to run over and hug them. She slowly started to walk over until fives made his way towards her. She unwilling froze. 

"Fives" she questioned.

 she could see he was trying to hid his tears behind his helmet. 

"Fives what's wrong" She pleaded. 

Slowly he raised something he had been holding onto. It finally hit her.

 "where's Echo"?.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't save him" fives whispered. 

Nara looked down at what he was carrying. There in his hands was Echo's helmet covered in scorch marks and bits of it where ripped apart.  The familiar  blue that she remembered seeing  everyday ,was now unrecognizable.

"No! this is some kind of prank, he'll come out and scare me any second now" she rambled in disbelief. 

Fives didn't look her in the eyes he couldn't bare to see her soul break.

"This isn't funny Fives" her eyes began to sting as her heart lurched forward, her head becoming dizzy.

"I'm so sorry" Fives mumbled.

Nara looked up towards her brothers face, his bucket no longer containing his tears as they fell to the ground. 

"No he can't be" she stuttered. Fives didn't look her in the face his hands still clutching onto his brothers helmet. 

"He didn't even get to read his manual to me again like he promised" she whimpered, before walking away in fear that she would lose it. 

"NARA"! Fives yelled his voice pleading as he began to chase her. Before he could catch a strong commanding arm grabbed his shoulder. 

"Fives don't " Rex spoke calmly "it's best you let her go".

The two troopers watched together in silence as Nara ran out of the landing platform and down the temple stairs.