It takes time to heal

It had already been a month, but the wound was still fresh. Nara still couldn't believe he was gone. She paced the training floor looking for a target to practices with. Until the training simulator caught her eyes, she quickly raced over and turned the machine on. The old blue projections began to play a scenario of five attackers, three commando droids ,and two regular droids armed and ready. Nara took her stance as she held her dc-17 hand blaster, readying her stance. The first projector began to charge her with guns a blazing . Quickly dive rolling out of range onto her knees she pulled the trigger. The projection went down into a crumble of blue bits.  The second droid came faster this time swinging out a metal blade. 

It's quick and sharp movement reminded her of hardcase, and how he spared with Jesse . The droid came closer this time just missing her face. She used her elbow to smash the droids face to take it off balance. It didn't work. It became more violent with its blade. Dogma was like that when he first spared always going for the head, she thought. Quickly she tried to grab the blade, making the project freeze in confusion ,before it could compute she shot the hologram.

The remaining three teamed up teamed up. They reminded Nara of of Rex,fives, and Echo as the worked together. They were notorious for teaming up in prank wars and always chose her as their target of interest. Bam! She felt the project slap her in the face sending from her thoughts and her feet. Rubbing her jaw she quickly reached for her blaster, it was gone. In the Conner her blaster lay . "Crap!" She muttered. The regular droid took aim and fired, without thinking Nara got to her feet and charged the droid. It went down. Nara grab its head and snapped it into a million little cubes. The raining two droids stared her down as she regained her balance. She froze the two droids stood side by the side making sure the other knew the other intent. 

"Fives, Echo" she breathed.

The two droids took off running in her direction their blades swinging violently as they came close. The closest one managed to hit a hard enough blow to her stomach sending her flying towards where the blaster lay. Her head spun with memories, as the feeling of fire,and agony filled her lungs. "He's gone" she breathed his suffering was short. The droids came closer.

"He's gone" she screamed as she grabbed the blaster and shot the hologram in the face sending it crumbling to the ground.

The other hologram charged her swinging a  centimetre above her head, she ducked dodging it.

"He's gone because I couldn't protect them" she growled punching the hologram, sending it back.

"BECAUSE I COULDN'T PROTECT HIM" she barked pulling the trigger hard.

The last of the holograms went down into a pile of broken cubes. Nara felt her knees buckle as she went down clasping onto the matt. Tears slowly fell from her eyes.

"Nara" a calm voice spoke from behind. The placed a hand on her shoulder "come on let's go get some grub".

Turning she stared at Rex his eyes filled with  sympathy as she quickly wiped the tears 

"Sure captain whatever you say" she smiled.

*few minutes later*

Rex lead Nara towards the mess hall where the others where waiting for them. Rex had secretly watched Nara with fives. The two clones where stunned as she aggressively dismantled the first three droids, until came down to the two. They watched as she whispered out Fives's and Echo's name. The way she fought the two commando droids was unlike anything Rex had seen her do. And it concerned him.

Fives couldn't stand to watch her, so he left for the mess. He told Rex he had an idea to cheer her up (and everyone else and himself), and to meet him the mess hall. And with that he had left. After that Rex had helped her down the hall.

"Nara" Rex spoke.

"Yes, captain" Nara smiled.

"Are you ok" he questioned.

Clearly taken back she shook her head. 

"No I'm not, but I'll eventually come to terms with it" She sighed.

"It's ok to grieve, but just remember that your family is here for you" he paused.  "and don't loose sight of that".

She nodded "thank you captain".

"Now let's go see what fives has done" he snickered.

The doors to the mess door opened  a whole bunch of troopers had gathered around a table, in the middle was fives.

'Uh no" Rex grumbled "not again"