girl crush [ seventeen ]

"so, let's start recording?" asked vernon, as the producer smiled at us.

we were in the studio, and we planned on recording today since it was the day he was available. i will be recording with eunwoo later, and then lisa and i will finish ours later tonight too.

we just get too busy as days pass by. i don't even know how to even manage my schedule. our comeback as a group is coming, and it scares me. what if the fans don't like it? what if they all bash azes because of our collaboration with ikon? don't fans like it when we collaborate with male groups?

"let's start," i said, and then the music started.

since vernon and i practiced together and perfected it already, we hoped for a smooth recording since he will be so busy for the day as well.

we're gonna think about the music videos soon, when we record everything. this might be too stressful, but i hope we'll carry on.

the music started, and then vernon started rapping. i listened to his voice and felt the emotion of his words, making me imagine sceneries in my mind. when my part came, i rapped and tried to get in on the feeling of the music until the producer stopped us.

"sooji, get in the emotions more. imagine that the song is about your life," said the producer, and i nodded.

we repeated my part, and i felt vernon looking at me but i shrugged it away. maybe i was only imagining things.

after my part, both vernon and i sang the chorus, our voices blending in with each other perfectly making me smile as we sang.

"okay! that's great," said the producer, after hours of recording. we messed up quite a few times, but it was fine, though, because we finished it today.

"thank you for your hardwork," both vernon and i said, bowing at the producer.

we then went out of the studio, sighing in relief as we walked side by side. his eyes looked around the walls, but i just looked straight. i probably had these walls memorized, inch by inch, which made me smile. this somehow felt like home.

when we were finally at the exit of the building, i waved at vernon goodbye in which he did the same with a smile. i started walking back, but i bumped into donghyuk.

"oh, dong-oppa, mianhae," i said, bowing at him, but he just chuckled and messed my hair.

"don't worry. it's okay," he said, and i smiled at him.

"you're working hard, oppa?" i asked, and he nodded.

"ne, our group's gonna practice lots, too. i hear you're recording songs with others?" he asked, and i smiled at him as i nodded.

"ne, oppa. let's work hard!" i said, making him nod. i could see a slight tint of pink on his cheeks, but i brushed it off.

i was gonna walk away, when i heard a loud scream coming from another human being called koo junhoe.

"sooji-ah! when are we shooting our video?" asked junhoe, smiling at me, making me pout and shrug.

"once i finish recording with the others," i said, and he nodded.

"donghyuk misses you, by the way-"

"yah, june-"

"HAHAHAHAHA,"

"i have to go, eunwoo should be in the studio now," i said, and they both nodded.

i could see junhoe giving donghyuk a glance, but i shrugged it off. he's probably telling him something between them only.