girl crush [ fifty nine ]

"do you think he has a better chance with you than i do?" he asked, almost whispering.

i was taken aback by his questions, but i only smiled and held his hand. if there was something i was sure of right now, it would be of my feelings. i knew i said i didn't want to confess yet, or do anything about my feelings with him but dropping a few hints wouldn't hurt, right?

"are you really asking me that question, lee taeyong?" i asked, a soft chuckle escaping my lips.

he looked away, probably shy of what he said earlier. however, i pouted and poked his cheek.

"yah, i missed you, we weren't able to see each other much lately and you're turning your head away from me? how sad," i said, which made him slowly face me.

the way his eyes stared at me with such emotion made me want to stay in his life. i could almost see the stars in his eyes, the fate that held us; i was drowning in. the way his soft features were right in front of me... i started thinking that he was someone the gods took so much time on making. he may even be a god himself. he looked so perfectly imperfect in my eyes, somehow.

"i missed you too, sooji. so much," he whispered, smiling slightly. "i'll admit i was a bit jealous of eunwoo."

i gave him a smile, and then kissed his cheek. although it did make my heart race and my cheeks warmer than they should have, i did it. i could tell that he was kind of nervous, too, but that was fine.

"don't worry about eunwoo, okay? aren't you the one i'm staying with, right now? you picked up my broken pieces, taeyong. you were there when i needed someone the most. you saved me from giving up on my dreams. how can i just choose someone other than you?" i said, holding his hands in mine while smiling softly at him.

all he did was look at me with such loving eyes, probably wanting to tell a few words but he couldn't express it properly. i swear, i wished at that moment that it could last forever.

there's something about him that made me feel a feeling i haven't felt before. there's something about him that made me feel safer than any home, more loved than any other person, luckier than everyone else.

at that moment, i realized one thing.

it wasn't just a crush, i was in love.

i fell into that deep well called love, without even realizing it. i was so used to him being right beside me now, caring for me as if i was his precious diamond ring. i wanted to be the only one he paid that kind of attention to, i wanted to be so much more to him.

i felt safe, i felt home.

"i love you, sooji," he whispered, "you just never fail to make my heart race even more each day, yeah?"

i chuckled, shaking my head.

"no, you're one to talk. you completed me, became my remedy. you picked up all my broken pieces, you became that special person i dreamt of having, fantasizing, when i was a kid. you're the prince charming type, aren't you? you keep saving me, ever since that day under the rain." i said, smiling softly at him.

his face was only a few inches away, and believe me, i wanted to close that gap so much. i wanted to be as close to him as i could, but i was only trying to hold myself back.

"trust me, baby, i'll pick up all of your broken pieces until i'm bleeding, no matter how many times you fall," he whispered, and before i knew it, he placed his lips against mine.

i closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, melting into the kiss.

i would be lying if i said now that i didn't love him, wouldn't i?

"fuck it, sooji, i love every single thing about you. all your flaws, all of your good points, everything," he said, his lips ghosting over mine. "i just wish-"

"i love you, too, taeyong," i said, smiling at him and treasuring the moment. i placed a kiss on the corner of his lips, on his cheek, and on the scar near his eye. "i love everything about you, too. all your flaws, your mistakes, your everything."

i was surprised when he suddenly pulled on the roots of his hair, screaming.

"sooji! wake me up! i'm dreaming! I DON'T THINK YOU'D-"

"TAEYONG? THE NEIGHBOURS ARE ASLEEP!"

"wait, so it's real?! oh, god, i love you, sooji! be mine,"

"but tae? i'm already yours."

▪▪▪▪▪
author's note:
OKAY BUT OMG, thank you all for 38.6k readsss ♡ i can't express how happy i am to be able to see my book reach this far. i'm soooo happy and i'm soooo sooo thankful to y'alll omg i love youuu
the book might be nearing its end soon, probably at 70 + an epilogue? i'm so so happy, reallyyy, i can't seem to want to let gooo :(((
anywaysss, that's it! alsooo, if you have time, you might want to check on my other books too (not that i'm forcing you or something) i have two skz books, one of them is already completed, while the other one is ongoing. i also have a seventeen 14th member fic, which tells of an additional member of seventeen (he'd be my bias, if he was real- okay, maybe that's a bit crazy but i love jaehan).
till the next updateee guys! which is maybe tomorrow or later... i need sleeppp now, so... haha!

-sunny