girl crush [ fifty three ]

"thank you for the good work!" i told the producer who helped me record and arrange the first song on my first mini album under sm. i bowed, and then they did the same.

as i was out of the studio, i received a message from johnny. what?

from: johnny

hey, i thought you should know... but taeyong's back is hurting again, and he insists that he should still stay late for practice and such. so...? i think he's really hurt but he's just not telling us. 

furrowing my brows, i started thinking about taeyong. he's overworking himself again? he shouldn't! i know he's busy with superm and nct127 activities, but he should at least rest whenever he has the time. he should take advantage of the free time he has and use it as rest, not extra practice. he might get sick if he continues doing that.

and so, i typed my reply to johnny.

to: johnny

uh, where are you right now? i mean, where's tyong? 

to say that i was getting worried was an understatement. i really was worried about him. i didn't want anything bad to happen to him.

i tapped my shoe against the floor, biting my thumb. i didn't care if there were staff passing by me, i was so worried. if johnny thought that he was really hurt, then that meant something, right? and knowing taeyong, i'm sure he won't tell his members especially since he's leading them.

my phone vibrated, so i didn't waste any time. i checked the message immediately.

from: johnny

dorm atm y?

i decided not to reply. i just went rushing out of the building and went straight to a nearby supermarket. 

carrying a paper bag of fruits, i pushed the doorbell and waited anxiously for anyone to open the door. after a few seconds, i saw that it was johnny who opened the door with furrowed brows. when he saw me, however, he gave me a smile and then gestured for me to come in.

"thank you. but... where's taeyong?" i asked, and then he sighed before gesturing to the kitchen.

i smiled at him and then thanked him. i started walking towards the kitchen, with johnny tailing behind me. 

as i neared the kitchen, however, i saw doyoung cooking something while haechan was trying to take some ingredients away but was caught. taeyong, then, was sat on the table while staring into space so i took the opportunity to sit in front of him.

he blinked rapidly, so i chuckled and then ruffled his hair. doyoung and haechan turned around, surprised as well.

"annyeong, doyoung-oppa, haechan," i greeted, and then they smiled at me and nodded.

"hey, soo, why are you here?" asked taeyong, making me narrow my eyes at him.

"are you overworking yourself again? yaaah, lee taeyong! rest whenever you need to," i said, and then he raised his brows in surprise.

"oh? what?" he asked, and then i turned around to look for johnny but he was gone.

"johnny told me. does your back hurt? are you okay? aish, you're worrying me!" i said,  and then he chuckled before shaking his head.

"i'm fine. i can still-"

"just make sure you won't hurt yourself. or i'll bring my pet snake from us and i'll let it-"

"woah, woah, woah, slow down, sweetie, i'll be fine! i promise. besides, why are you so worried?"

i was silenced. why am i so worried?

before i could even answer, all the members rushed in and started teasing us so i groaned and then hid my face in my hands.

"oh, sooji-ah! are you and taeyong a thing?"

"taeyong, listen to your girlfriend!"

"aw, i wish i had a girlfriend,"

"yah, haechan! you're young!"

"why, mark hyung?"

"g-guys. she's not my girlfriend yet!"

"YET?!"

oh god.