girl crush [ sixty five / special chapter ]

third person's point of view

footsteps echoed throughout the whole living room as quite a few people were rushing to do things. some were preparing what was on the table, some were helping on the decorations, and some were tending to the party hats and such.

red velvet and a few other artists were secretly doing something in choi sooji's house while she was sound asleep in her room upstairs.

azes, a few nct members, red velvet, taemin, hyojong and hyuna, jungkook, eunwoo and sanha, felix, vernon, dahyun and a few other artists were present at the so-called party. it was the 29th of april, after all, sooji's special day.

"how can you be so sure that she won't wake up and ruin our surprise party?" asked felix, but sanha laughed.

"she can sleep for a day straight if she wanted to," sanha replied, remembering the time when it was the holidays. all sooji did was sleep and if he hadn't come to visit, she probably would've slept for longer.

everyone went silent after taeyong entered the room carrying a large cake. of course, everyone was well aware about the rumours about the two. leave it to taeyong to make it quite obvious to all the guests of the party.

"now that everything's all set, let's just wait for her to wake up-" said seulgi, but she was shut up when taeyong already rushed up the stairs to probably wake the girl up.

seulgi chuckled to herself and gazed at her members. they all shared a look, knowing how whipped the nct member was for sooji. she was aware about why he decided to rush straight to the girl's room before anyone else did.

of course. he kind of didn't want any other of the guys to wake the girl up. she did have a lot of guy friends, after all and he'd be jealous, he knew it. he wanted to be the first person she saw the moment she opened her eyes on her special day.

"something really must be going on between the two," muttered eunwoo, as he sat down on the couch beside sanha.

"who knows? if they really were a thing, then the best thing to do would be supporting them," replied sanha, shrugging his shoulders.

as the idols, who were invited to the surprise party organized by red velvet, chattered with each other, irene took her phone out and went live.

sooji's point of view

"-ji,"

"-ooji,"

"sooji!"

i opened my eyes immediately as i felt someone tapping my arm. sitting up abruptly, i saw taeyong smiling at me before i noticed something with that smile.

"what's happening?" i suspiciously asked, and then he sighed before giving me a smile.

"happy birthday, baby. it's your special day," he said, making me widen my eyes.

"w-wait, someone actually remembered?" i asked, and he chuckled before ruffling my hair.

"of course. you're someone special, after all. come on, wash up. let's watch all your favourite movies downstairs. i'll wait for you in the living room, okay?" he said, so i grinned at him before attacking him with a hug.

he chuckled before rubbing my back and then patting my head. just someone remembering that it was my birthday already made me feel special. i'm just really happy, also because of the fact that taeyong was here with me.

he pulled away from the hug and then kissed my forehead, so i smiled up at him. he stood up, gesturing that he was going out of my room so i nodded.

putting on an oversized shirt taeyong left behind the other day, i smiled as i looked at myself in the mirror. i had a feeling that today will actually turn out well unlike last year. i had an argument with my parents last year at the exact date of my birthday which put me into a really bad mood then, so i'm really looking forward to an actual good and relaxing day.

twisting the knob of my room, i went out. i felt my heart jumping in delight with every step i took, just imagining how happy i would be while actually spending time with someone i love on my special day.

my eyes widened as i was on the staircase. oh, god.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SOOJI!"

before i realized it, tears were already spilling out of my eyes as i ran down the stairs to hug taeyong who was the closest to me. he chuckled, placing a birthday hat on top of my head while the others sang happy birthday.

i could see almost every one of my closest friends, and it felt like my heart was so happy. i've never felt this happier during a birthday, ever.

"t-thank you, everyone. i love you," i said, wiping the tears from my eyes as some of them laughed.

"who knew she was a crybaby?"

"sooji-ah, happy halloween!"

"yah! yoon sanha!"

"HAHAHAHAHA!"