girl crush [ twenty seven ]

AFTER A MONTH LONG HIATUS, AZES SOOJI FINALLY STEPS INTO SPOTLIGHT + PERFORMING WITH IKON DONGHYUK
by koreaboo

YG Entertainment, after releasing statement weeks ago that AZES's Sooji and iKON's DK have been dating six months already, gives statement that the girl group member is now out of her hiatus and is set to appear on Running Man with iKON's DK himself. Surprisingly, the media has been very approving of the two's relationship.

The episode will be aired on Sunday, so stay tuned! We'll finally get to see how the two actually act with each other! Comment down your opinions below.

-----

"are both of you now ready?" asked one of the staff members in YG, who will be driving us to where the Running Man episode donghyuk and i will be in is going to film.

we've talked to ceo earlier, and he reminded us of the publicity thing, but i was sure that he didn't need to remind us because we acted the same anyway. i sighed, and then looked out the window. why does a part of me feel like i wanted it to just be real, for the ceo to not remind us about it constantly, but for us to act by ourselves?

i was about to look at donghyuk to see if he was doing anything, when my phone vibrated. i raised my brows, and then looked at what notification it was. i was surprised to see that it was a message from vernon, so i clicked it quickly and started reading the message.

from: vernon
hey sooji, haven't talked in ages. wanted to ask if the thing about you and donghyuk hyung is real? i mean, yeah, your company confirmed it, but is it?

i furrowed my brows at his message. what did he mean by that? does he sense the fallacy in the entertainment's statement? i didn't know what to write, so i sighed.

"you can just tell him that we are. that's what ceo says, right? you don't have to feel like it's a job or something, i thought you were actually fine, but is this thing bothering you?" muttered donghyuk, and i widened my eyes as he said those words. he was reading?

"h-hey, it's not like-"

"it's not like we're real? i guess. but i wished it was, i just wish you'd feel the same way too but i've got so many guys to fight with," donghyuk said, and i looked down. what is he saying?

"it's not like i want to be with them. besides, they're my friends, donghyuk. you don't have to worry about it. who are you actually worrying for? who's gonna make you feel this... thing when you know that i'm not even gonna replace you even if it is all fake?" i asked, and then he sighed.

"i don't know, maybe vernon? eunwoo? taeyong?" donghyuk whispered, making me shake my head at what he was saying.

"i'm friends with vernon, and with eunwoo, too. and i literally just met taeyong. there's nothing-"

"i'm just scared, okay? especially with eunwoo. i mean, you've got a lot of shippers, and i remember that day when he called you when we were practicing. he was a step ahead of me even from the start," he said, looking down. "plus, he's got ethereal beauty. everyone wants him." he whispered.

"but I don't. he's just a friend. he was a step ahead but he hasn't taken a single step since. get your act together, donghyuk," i said, and then he only looked away so i sighed and did the same.

what's all of this? why is he getting jealous all of a sudden? why is he acting as if he wanted it all to be real as well? and why am i affected?

i can't let it be this way, or i'll fall deeper and he's not gonna be there to catch me.

"wow, we got main dancers as guests. i feel like bamboo now. tall and stiff," said kwangsoo, as he and the rest stood by the side after their missions. they did relays, and by chance, donghyuk and sooji were on the winning team. now, they were on the side eating grilled beef as a reward.

"you always were," said haha, making everyone crack up.

"i used to be a stiff kid, too, when i was younger. i just trained hard and hard every single passing day, my mum would even scold me for training too much. she thought i was hopeless," i said, laughing as i reminisced the memory.

actually, it wasn't a happy one, but i of course had to pretend like it was a funny one. i then felt donghyuk held my hand, so i looked at him. he gave me a little smile, so i blinked and then gave one back.

"eeeeeh, can someone hold my hand randomly like how donghyuk does?" asked jihyo, and they laughed.

as they were laughing, i gave donghyuk an apologetic smile from our little argument earlier, but he just shrugged it off and smiled back. i couldn't help but try to ignore the way my heart was beating. i can't. i just can't.

I can't fall because i know that one day I won't be able to get up.