girl crush [ epilogue ]

after everyone left, it was just taeyong and i at my place. it was around 10pm, and the decorations were still up. we still have a few slices of cake, so i was looking forward to eating those later or tomorrow morning for breakfast.

"hey, sooji, since everyone already left, do you think it's the right time for...?" taeyong asked, facing me as we sat down on my couch.

he looked a bit nervous, but i was sure that bringing that up took some courage from him. after all, we were knowingly avoiding the topic of revealing our relationship as much as possible. we were nervous about what the people, the fans might say about us.

but now that i think about it, who cares? who cares if they don't want us to be a couple, who cares if they tell us a bunch of hurtful comments? who cares? what should matter most to us is that we were together and that we were happy with ourselves.

if there was one important thing i learnt from hyojong oppa, it probably would be this. if the public wouldn't want us to be together, who cares if we lost our jobs? we have each other, and having taeyong means having everything i ever needed in my life.

fans are there to support us, yes. but if they can't support our relationship, then it's okay. it's okay as long as we didn't harm them. after all, they took us to where we are now. they became the path to our dreams.

"i think so, too," i replied, giving him a smile.

he widened his eyes before patting his pockets to look for his phone but i already offered him mine. he furrowed his brows, so i smiled at him before replying.

"go live on my account. it will be like a birthday live, although irene unnie already did that during the party," i said, making taeyong nod before intertwining my fingers with his.

he set up the live, and then placed my phone on the coffee table in front of us. it was leaning against a few books placed there, making the camera point straight to us.

comments already flooded in, some positive and some negative. taeyong squeezed my hand so i squeezed his back for reassurance.

"hello, everyone, um... i'm here with taeyong today because of a special event. it's my birthday, but it's also special because we're announcing something," i started, and my fingers started trembling.

i kept thinking about all the hateful comments that might attack us, but i tried to push them away. what if's regarding my past relationship also tried swimming in my thoughts but i just closed my eyes for a bit to calm myself.

"hey, are you okay?" taeyong whispered, so i reopened my eyes and looked at him before nodding. "i can say it, if you want."

"i- okay," i replied, breathing out heavily due to the anxiety i was feeling.

my hand automatically touched my necklace from taeyong, looking down to try and calm myself.

"everyone... sooji and i have been dating for a few months now. we're sorry for keeping it a secret, but we're not sorry for falling in love with each other. we're sharing this to you because we wanted to share a very important part of us to all of you, and we're hoping that you'll support us," taeyong said, making me part my lips slightly before lifting my head.

"i... i know it's sudden, announcing it like this, but we really wanted to do it before reporters did. also, i'm aware that i have been a coward before, giving up on my dreams before getting picked back up by taeyong himself. but i'm sure that this time, i'm not giving up. i'm not giving up my dreams, i'm most certainly not giving up taeyong who hasn't given up on me, either," i said, smiling a bit nervously at the camera. "if loving was a sin, then i'm a sinner."

"hey, i like that line. can i use that as lyrics?"

"y-yah, taeyong!"

"what? oh, wait. we're live. damn it."

"you just realized?"

"i'm sorry! i was nervous, haha,"

"well, me, too... so... oh, god. we're live! we should stop babbling,"

"hey, look at this. they think we're cute,"

"taeyong, focus, oh my god."

although the live got a bit out of hand after that, i was happy. i was really happy at that moment, because i felt so free. it didn't feel like the world was really against us, it felt more like we were free of fearing the eyes of many because they already know.

they already know that i'm with him, and they know that he's with me.

i became his and he became mine, and that was the story of how i used to be the nation's girl crush until i became lee taeyong's girlfriend.

and to be honest? he was the best plot twist i could ever ask for in my life.

who cares about being the nation's girl crush if you have someone like lee taeyong who will love you even better than you could ask for?

▪▪▪▪▪
author's note
oh godddd it's finished ;-;
anyway, i'll be writing an ending note after this so i'll make this quick! thank you so much, guys, for 50k reads! damn it, i really feel like crying every time i think that there's someone out there who appreciates my work ;-; i love you all! ♡

-sunny