girl crush [ twenty four ]

as donghyuk and i were walking past the rooms, i couldn't help but feel uneasy about everything. sure, i wouldn't mind dating him, but do we really have to date just because it is what the company wants, it is what will set our sales skyrocketing?

it seemed as if donghyuk noticed the tension in the air as well, because he stopped walking and then spoke.

"do you feel... uncomfortable about this?" he asked, making me look at him before slowly nodding.

"yeah, well, it's so weird why he had to lift my dating ban. does he really have to do that? like, break his own rules for me just because it will be something better for the sales?" i said, making donghyuk shrug.

"i don't know, it's yg we are talking about. but if you ever feel uneasy or uncomfortable about anything, you know you got me," he said, smiling softly, which made me smile back and nod.

as we were on the part where we had to part our ways, i waved at him, and he did the same. i turned towards the corner i was supposed to go to, with a busy mind.

"is this for real, sooji?" asked sanha, as i answered his call before getting inside the practice room where the girls were in.

none of them still went out, and i was wondering why. jaemin liked getting out of the practice room at random times whenever we practiced, but she still hasn't. even once.

"for real... what?" i asked, my brows furrowing at what sanha was trying to imply.

"your entertainment just released a statement regarding the dating rumours about you and ikon's dk. it says here, they are meeting with good feelings for each other, and i don't know if i should believe this, or your ceo is just trolling me?" sanha asked, his questions all over the place.

it was quite obvious that he was shocked and he didn't know which words he was to spit out. remembering our ceo's words, i hummed a reply.

"um... yeah. that's... true. i'm sorry if i kept it," i answered, hoping that he was believing me.

"since when? since when were you guys dating, then?" he asked, something in his voice sounding different.

"six months," i answered.

"you've been lying to me for six months, sooji. and i was so sure that eunwoo hyung had a chance with dating you. he really likes you, you know? i really thought you liked him back because you kept hanging out behind our backs. turns out you kept hanging out with dk hyung behind our backs too," he said, and i swear i could hear disappointment in his voice.

"i'm sorry. i just can't tell it yet. i'm sorry," i said, but instead of an answer, i heard the beeping sound of the phone signaling the end of our phone call.

sighing, i crouched down and then wiped the stray tears that fell down my cheeks. i didn't know i was crying until i wiped them, and to be honest? for me, it was a big deal that sanha hung up the call. he never does.

despite being younger than me, sanha is one of my best friends. i can literally trust him with my whole life and he knows that. maybe that's why he thought i didn't trust him enough not to tell him about this.

why do i even have to do this?

just then, i heard some footsteps starting to walk towards me but i didn't try to look up. i didn't want anyone knowing that i was crying. i wasn't a cryer.

"sooji-ah? why are you crying?" asked a familiar voice, and i instantly knew who it was.

"j-junhoe. yah, don't look at me. i'm not crying," i replied, but with my voice, i knew that he knew i was crying. he clicked his tongue, before answering.

"let me go get dongdong," said junhoe, but as i was about to protest, he already was gone.

i groaned.

how am i supposed to act as if i was dating donghyuk? we're pretty awkward with each other, we become flustered with each other at times, and i think that's not the quality of a couple dating for six months already.

why six months, ceo?

"stop crying now, i'm sure he was just hurt. it'll die down," said donghyuk, as he wiped my tears with his thumb.

i already stopped crying earlier, but after he gave me a chocolate cherry cream crepe, my tears started flowing again. why am i turning into a crybaby now?!

if it is because of sanha or just because i love crepes, i don't know. maybe a mixture of both.

"i know, i know. i'll stop," i said, and he smiled before nodding.

"you look like a kid when you cry," he said, making me gape at him. he chuckled after seeing me, and then ruffled my hair like i was a dog.

"yah, dongieee! hajima!" i groaned, making him snicker.

"i like that. you calling me dongie. when junhoe does it, it feels so cringey," said donghyuk, making me laugh. "there you go. smile, sooji. you look prettier when you smile."

"thank you,"