girl crush [ sixty one ]

"tomorrow's your comeback stage, are you sure you don't wanna just stay in and rest up?" said aina unnie, so i just shook my head.

we met up at a cafe and i said that i wanted to spend time with azes. it was actually a good news that they are actually preparing for a comeback.

"it's fine, i wanna see how you all are doing. are you busy? i mean, since you're gonna prepare for a comeback, too," i said, and she shrugged her shoulders.

"you can come and watch us practice, you know? it's in half an hour so we can make it if we go now," she explained, making my eyes widen.

they have practice? that seems interesting. i wanted to dance, suddenly. a grin plastered itself across my lips as i looked at her.

"i want to!" i answered, so she grinned at me and nodded.

as we were standing up, i suddenly stopped. i was gonna watch them practice, which means we will go to the yg building. and i will see the oh so familiar four corners of the practice room i used to spend time in with them. i just hoped we wouldn't run into donghyuk or something, because i actually haven't talked to him in so long and it would be so awkward. not that i needed to, right?

when we were finally outside the cafe, she held my wrist, since my hands were full, and guided me as we walked towards the van. i helped her carry the cups of coffee she bought for the girls since i already finished mine anyway. as we went in, the manager was surprised to see me so i smiled and bowed.

"long time no see, manager-nim," i greeted, making aina unnie chuckle.

"long time no see, sooji," said the manager.

the van started moving, so aina and i started chatting quietly. she talked about the girls and how it was a struggle waking hanbyun up, which made me crack up. she also talked about how jaemin would play games all night and how minsoo would sometimes join in. she was so done with them, she said. but as chaotic as it sounded, of course i knew that she loved them deep in her heart.

the van came to a halt, and then aina unnie opened the door for us both to get out of the van.

i nervously followed her and the manager, as the familiar building faced me. i remember the times we fooled around, the times we talked to aces outside.

"the girls might be surprised to see you," said aina unnie, a small chuckle escaping her lips.

we finally got inside, and it was a bit quiet. the same halls, the same path we took everyday, same as before. the only thing that changed is that i was already not a part of the yg family.

a few more steps, and we were finally in front of the practice room. i could almost hear jaemin screaming her lungs out and hanbyun being unbothered.

"i'll come in first," she said, so i nodded.

once she opened the door, i heard jaemin scream immediately so i followed after aina unnie. i chuckled, seeing minsoo laying down on the floor next to hanbyun while jaemin was sitting down.

"omo, sooji-ah!" exclaimed jaemin, so i went to her and gave her one of the cups. i gave the other to minsoo, receiving a quick thanks.

"don't you have to prepare for your stage tomorrow? although it's nice you're here," said jaemin, so i gave her a smile.

"i will, later," i said, thinking about practicing in the afternoon. "by the way, who's the main dancer?"

they all looked at the sleeping hanbyun, making me chuckle. after drinking her coffee, she slept? sometimes i forget how easy she sleeps.

"hanbyun. she works harder at night, even though she denies it," aina unnie answered, making me smile.

i almost jumped in surprise when my phone started ringing, so i checked to see who it was. seeing that it was yeri, i excused myself to answer the call.

"unnie," yeri called, "let's practice. our collab, remember?"

i widened my eyes, remembering that we will perform it tomorrow as well. even the song that jungkook and i recently released will be performed as a special performance tomorrow.

"right, sorry, i forgot," i replied.

"it's okay. we'll wait by the practice room," she said, so i hummed before she ended the call.

sliding my phone back in my pocket, i smiled at aina unnie before approaching them again.

"i have to go, i forgot i had to practice with red velvet for our collab stage," i told the girls, "i'm sorry."

"no, it's perfectly fine. we can hang out again soon, anyway," said aina unnie, so i nodded and hugged them all.

"want me to accompany you out?" jaemin unnie asked, but i shook my head.

"i can do it, thank you. you guys should practice as well. fighting!" i replied, so she smiled and nodded.

"take care, sooji," said minsoo unnie so i nodded as well and bowed.

"come back soon," hanbyun said, which made me chuckle before finally exiting the practice room.

the same hallway faced me, so i sighed and shook my hands to relax myself. i could remember moments from here, and some of them aren't exactly pleasant. the days i ran away, the days i walked out, the days i wanted to give up. out of all the memories to remember from this spot, i hated how those ones were the ones that stuck to me the most.

as i was about to walk away, i was surprised when i saw a familiar space running towards me.

"SOOJI-AH! I MISSED YOUUUU!"

"YAH! KOO JUNHOE!"

"WHAT? I MISSED YOU, BUD!"

"LET ME BREATHE- JUNHOE, I-"

"come on, i'm about to go out, anyway. you're leaving, right?"

"yeah,"

what a day.