girl crush [ forty ]

from; tyong
hey, sooji. heard you terminated your contract with yg?

as i was jogging, i saw taeyong's sudden message for me. it was long since i last talked to him, so i was surprised that he even messaged me.

even eunwoo, who i was with as i went back here in korea, still hasn't contacted me yet after yg released the statements about me and donghyuk breaking up, as well as the contract being terminated. i was guessing that he was tired, so he probably might not have seen it yet.

i decided to type a reply to taeyong, resting for a bit.

to; tyong
i did. why? by the way, it's been so long.

as i sent that message, it only took a few seconds before he messaged me again. well, that was fast.

from; tyong
yeah, been so long indeed. um, our ceo wants to adopt you in our company. he says he wants to take you in.

my eyes widened as i read what he sent me. ceo lee sooman, wanting to take me in sm entertainment?! oh, my god. oh, my god!

i was starting to think about it, but as i remembered how hard it was to pursue my dream before and i just threw it away, i knew i had to take the chance.

being an idol is still my passion, so being offered this opportunity from sm entertainment, one of the big three, is such a huge thing. i can't even believe it!

to; tyong
omg? taeyong, i swear, if ur pranking me ur dead meat

my hands are trembling as i waited for his reply. if this was a joke, i'm really going to smack the hell out of him.

few minutes later, i received another message from him.

from; tyong
he said, if you're free right now, you can head over to the company and speak with him. i'm not kidding.

my eyes widened, and i was sure that people probably looked at me weirdly because i started jumping up and down.

oh, god. i was lucky!

maybe sm can treat me better than yg ever did.

i'm going to tell eunwoo, sanha, and dahyun about this later!

"hello, choi sooji. it's been years," said ceo sooman, and i bowed 90 degrees before i smiled at him.

"ne, ceo. it's been years already," i said, and then he gave me a warm smile.

"you were so small but exploding with potential back then, sooji. our team is proud on what you have become." said ceo sooman, and i grinned before he gestured for me to sit down so i did.

"thank you, ceo. also, taeyong has told me that you wanted to adopt me back to the company. was it real, ceo?" i asked immediately, just to make it clear, and he nodded.

"yes. you were so great back then, as a trainee here. too bad you chose yg entertainment over us after a few years. now, just give me a yes and i will take you back in. you will be a soloist, because we cannot add you back to red velvet," he said, and i smiled before nodding.

the best hit towards yg, for manipulating me, would be coming back to my old home, sm entertainment, where i was polished first before i got there.

i did train with red velvet before, on the earlier days. while red velvet debuted in 2014, i had to debut with AZES four years later which was a drag because i've been training almost all my life.

"ceo, i'm accepting the offer," i said, and then he gave me a smile.

as we shook hands, he was so happy, and somehow, i was as well. going back to the atmosphere here in sm entertainment, i was sure it would be the best new start.

"welcome back home, choi sooji. i've waited to take you back in for so long. yg has delayed you so much and hasn't treated you that well. you were my best pick, sooji. i'm just so happy that you're back," ceo sooman said, and i grinned before signing the contract he was signing earlier.

"thank you so much for taking me back in, ceo," i said, and then he nodded with a smile.

"i can't wait for red velvet to know. they'd sure be happy about this,"

i missed red velvet, too.

somehow, in the back of my mind, i knew i was gonna miss azes, as well.