girl crush [ twenty one ]

from: sanha 🍪
yah, sooji-ah? how are you? what happened with your comeback stage with ikon? please respond immediately. both eunwoo hyung and i are worrying about you.

i smiled softly, as i received a message from another one of my idol friends. last night it was dahyun and felix, and they even visited me together last night which kind of made me feel better. i didn't even know why our manager insisted that i stay here in the hospital for another day, and i will only be able to be discharged tomorrow. isn't he a bit overreacting with that part? i mean, for me, i can actually stand now, anyway.

last night, too, vernon messaged me and told me to get well soon, and surprisingly, i received a message from nct's manager about how taeyong was telling me that he wanted me to get better soon. i was moved, since it hasn't been long since we actually first met.

deciding that i should just give sanha a call, i dialed his phone and waited for him to answer.

"sooji-ahhhh! i was so worried! i watched how you collapsed and for a second there i thought you had some serious health issues but our manager won't let us visit yet!" said sanha, and i could almost hear the aegyo in his voice. i chuckled, shaking my head. he was acting cute again, just like a little brother i always saw him as.

"it was just something mild, don't worry. i'm actually fine. but i can't believe i'm gonna have to take a month hiatus for this. i mean, i can actually move and do my schedule! there's nothing wrong with me," i answered, but all i heard was a sigh before he answered me.

"you are quite hard headed and stubborn. i know. just rest and enjoy your time resting, it's gonna be worth it. just treat it as a rest so you could do better the next month you're gonna perform," said sanha, and i thought about it.

"maybe, i will," i said, and then he had to end the call because they had practice and jinjin oppa was trying to make him focus more.

sighing, i placed my phone on the bedside table, before closing my eyes and try to sleep. but, after a few
minutes of attempting to sleep, i still couldn't, for some reason. why is that?! ugh.

just as i was about to sit up, i heard someone knocking on the door before it opened. my eyes widened when i saw hyojong oppa with hyuna unnie. they were smiling at me, so i smiled back at them. i didn't know they were gonna visit!

"i told you, don't push yourself too much, right?" said hyojong oppa, as he guided hyuna unnie to the seat beside my bed.

"how are you feeling, sooji? i bet you're strong, that is exactly how i see you as, ever since," hyuna unnie said, making me smile at her. she was really sweet to me, and i loved that about her. i also thought that she and hyojong oppa really matched with each other. they bring out the best in each other.

"yes, unnie. i actually feel like i can run a marathon," i answered, and she chuckled.

"but you should rest, too, okay? then you can do as much work as you want after that rest," she said, and i nodded.

"don't hog her," said hyojong, making both hyuna unnie and i laugh.

"don't hog who?" i asked, making him narrow his eyes at me.

"you don't get to hog hyuna, and hyuna doesn't get to hog you. either way," he said, which made us laugh.

the day ended so quickly, and i just watched azes and ikon perform on a show without me. it honestly feels weird that i don't get to be there, instead i get to lay here like a weak ass person. but i have nothing to say about that so i guess i have to get stuck here for quite a while.

a few seconds later, after they performed, the mcs started announcing the winners. the camera showed different idols with nervous smiles, and i was so happy when i saw that ikon was with azes.

"the winner for best collaboration is... ikon and azes!" said the mcs, making me widen my eyes.

oh, my god! we won? we actually won! it's such a bummer though, that i don't get to stand on the stage with them right now. damn, why?

"we would. like to thank the aces and the ikonics who supported us, and everyone else who helped in this album. thank you so much for this opportunity to have yet another award," said hanbin, making me smile as he and aina smiled at each other. i bet rumours are gonna start to spread like wildfire after that.

"also, i would love to thank choi sooji, who isn't here with us right now due to health issues. she and i worked hard from day to dawn to create this choreo. it is a bomb, and i love that i enjoyed making this with her. sooji, fighting! get well soon!" i widened my eyes when donghyuk spoke, causing some of the audience to cheer and whatever.

he didn't have to!

damn it, donghyuk, why are you being like this?

the show finally ended, making me sigh as i stared at the blank ceiling. i kept thinking about the other and the way they performed without me. i guess, i'd have to congratulate them later and say sorry for my absence.