girl crush [ forty nine ]

as i was heading towards the beverages in the convenience store, my fingers were trembling. banana milks are running out, and i am so not fine about it.

i looked around, making sure that no one was heading towards the last two bottles i can see so i could buy both. as i reached for them, tho, i widened my eyes to see that someone has reached their hands for them as well.

"hey, they're mine!" i said, looking towards the person, making me widen my eyes at who it was.

e-eh?

"sorry, but they're mine," he said, smiling at me which made me shake my head.

"no, i was here first, actually," i answered, and then he shook his head as well.

"but i was eyeing them before you walked here. they're mine. i'm sorry, but all convenience stores are miraculously running out of banana milk and i need my dosage," he replied, making me shake my head again.

"same goes for me. i need this. i really really need banana milk," i said, my voice cracking at the end which made me close my eyes exasperatingly.

how embarrassing can you be, choi sooji? but damn it, i need my banana milk! i miss drinking it.

"please?" i said, swallowing my pride, and then he chuckled.

"f-fine. but! one should be mine, and the other is yours. is it a deal?" he replied, smiling wide, so i smiled and nodded.

"네, 감사합니다, 정국선배님," i said, bowing, making him widen his eyes. (yes, thank you, jungkook-sunbaenim)

"no, it's okay, really. it's a win-win situation," he answered, and i smiled.

"okay, uhm, i'm heading to the counter now," i said, and then he nodded.

as i was walking towards the counter, i kept thinking. he was kinda... kind, yeah. that's it. i believe he really loved banana milk, but he still gave me a chance to get one out of two of the bottles.

i paid for my drink, and then went on my way back to the sm building. i still have to meet taeyong there since he decided to send me home.

"what took you so long? anyway, johnny's driving," said taeyong, and i smiled. my eyes also lit up, since i met johnny too when i was first here in sm, still training with red velvet.

"i was on the hunt for banana milk," i replied, making him chuckle.

"doing everything for things you love, huh? even for banana milk. you're crazy, it's late, what if you encounter a sasaeng?" he said, so i grinned mischievously.

"taeyong, you're being a dad again. by the way, where's johnny?" i said, and he pointed at the car in front of the building.

"in there already. let's go?" said taeyong, and i smiled then nodded.

he opened the car door and let me enter first so i silently thanked him. he then went to the other side to sit there, closing the door. johnny then looked at us from the mirror, raising his brows up and down.

"hey, sooji! taeyong, you're really something. you like her, don't you?" johnny teased, making taeyong laugh and slap his arm.

"idiot. just drive," said taeyong. johnny then started driving, but he kept talking.

"i had a crush on sooji when she was first a trainee under sm. she always was with red velvet since she trained with them, but she was younger so i stopped. i see taeyong likes younger girls, hahaha!" johnny joked, making me blush a little but laugh.

"you were one of the popular trainees, though!" i replied, and he chuckled.

"can't help it. i'm too- taeyong, stop staring at her, she'll melt," said johnny, making me widen my eyes and then face taeyong who was indeed looking straight at me.

"i-i wasn't staring! i was looking at the scene behind her window," taeyong said, and i furrowed my brows at what i saw.

is that a scar on the side of his face?

"since when did you have that scar, tyong?" i asked, looking at the scar. he then touched it, before speaking.

"oh, for a while now." answered taeyong.

johnny then groaned, causing us both to turn our heads to him.

"damn it, it's late, yet there's never ending traffic. did someone get into an accident?" johnny said, so taeyong and i looked forwards.

"it appears so," i answered, so johnny faced us.

"tell us a story, then. like, what took you so long earlier. besides, we haven't hung out in a while. taeyong's basically hoarding you," said johnny, making me chuckle. taeyong then groaned, and johnny giggled.

i then recalled what happened earlier, telling it to them. it's not everyday you encounter an idol anyway.

"i was hunting for banana milk but for some reason, convenience stores are running out of them. then i saw two bottles left and went for it but someone also went for it. we fought for it, and guess what? it was jungkook from bangtan. in the end, he let me have one of them. he really loves banana milk, so... yeah, that's what happened," i explained, and johnny laughed.

"so, you basically fought for banana milk? like, you're both snatching for the bottles?" he asked, chuckling.

"y-yeah. that's what happened," i said, pouting.

"that sounds like something you'd do," johnny said, then he started laughing again.

"wait, jungkook? from bts?" asked taeyong, and i faced him. i nodded.

"yeah," i answered.

"okay,"

eh?