1: I'm in love with him (edited)

Chapter song: Enchanted- Taylor Swift
Dedication: isthatphill

"How many times does a heart need to break before it ceases being functional?"
•••

"How many times does a heart need to break before it ceases being functional?"•••

1
Stella

"How many times does a heart need to break before it ceases being functional?" Is what I write down on the byline of my journal while my best friend's words of encouragement repeat themselves like background music.

"And take 2, scene 1. Action!" I took a deep breath and warily smiled at my best friend Ashley, who was putting her hands up in a square shape, pretending she was filming with a camera.

"Logan," I began, a smile uncontrollably creeping up my lips. The butterflies in my stomach had a mind of their own even though he wasn't near.

Will he ever be? Of course not, Stella. He's Logan after all.

"I mean, what I'm trying to say is..."

"And cut!" I dropped my shoulders, watching her frown as I glanced at my How to win Logan's Heart list that I wrote months ago in my journal. Confessing my love for him was at the very bottom, but Ash insisted I should practice just in case.

"Stella," she sighed, crossing her hands over her chest, "-you can't possibly confess your undying love looking like you just failed your math exam. Stop fidgeting and give me a confident smile. Guys admire confidence."

Well, there goes nothing.

Confidence?

Where's my update button when I need one? Confidence isn't even something I'm equipped with. I can't even fake it if my life depended on it.

"Ash, I did fail the Math exam, remember?"

"But you always do and that is out of topic! Forget I said that."

With shaky hands, I reach for my notebook. "I don't think I'm ready. I can't. Maybe I should go on with all the other steps instead. Aren't we moving too fast? He doesn't love me back. What's the point of all of this except to open old wounds that never healed completely?"

I fell in love with Logan Andrews back when I was a Sophomore. I loved him not because he's popular or a top runner. I loved him because I knew the real him. And when you fall for someone, it's the small things that make all the difference. Like the sound of their laughter. The way their brows knit when they don't understand a silly joke. The freckles on their face after a long day in the sun. It's the little details that make it all so special.