Chapter 15: Breathing Underwater (edited)

Chapter song: Snap- Rosa Linn
A/N: who do you imagine as Aiden? I hope you enjoy this chapter. Fun Fact about me: I enjoy writing quarrel scenes more than romantic ones.
Dedication: My biggest supporter and the ever so adorable winterjoo

I stretched with a yawn, smiling at the sound of the droplets of water at the window shield and when I opened my eyes, they widened when I took in my position

I stretched with a yawn, smiling at the sound of the droplets of water at the window shield and when I opened my eyes, they widened when I took in my position. Aiden’s strong arms were wrapped around my waist and his leg was sprayed over mine, caging me in. His breathing was soft against my cheek.

How did we end up like that? The last thing I remember is reading the book on his couch after he apologized.

Quietly, I turned to look at him and my smile was quick to soften at how peaceful he looked. God, my heart rate was escalating.  I pressed my finger to my neck. What was wrong with me?

I yelped when I heard a knock at the door and tried to remove his hands from around me, but he only groaned and tucked me closer, burying his face in the crook of my neck. "Stel," he whispered in his sleep, pulling me to him. I groaned as I removed my leg from underneath.

"Aiden are you still asleep?" I panicked when Aiden's mother opened the door, and then I jumped, falling off the bed and landing on my butt.

"Ahh, Good morning?"  I said with a wave.

"Wow. Good morning to you, Stella." She smiled. I swear her face lightened up.

"It's not what it looks like." I justified turning to Aiden that's still sleeping like no one's around.

"I do hope it's what it looks like. I mean, who would be a better couple than you two?”
"What couple?" Kai's peeked through the doorway and then immediately covered his eyes. "Aish! It's the second time I've seen my two best friends like that.”

"Second time? When was the first?" She raised an amused brow, forcing me to cover my face.

"It's not like that!" I explained. Aiden was still fast asleep. God, he’s a heavy sleeper.

"We'll have to sit down later for a cup of green tea and discuss what's going on with these two," she teased and I shook my head with a laugh. "I have to go now. Work is hectic these two days. Kai, please do choose your favorite room and ask Anna to prepare it for you. Bye, Stella sweetie!"  I waved her goodbye with a wide smile and as soon as she walked away, I threw a pillow at Kai’s face.

"What was that for?"

"Why did you have to embarrass me?"

"I'll tease him about it too when he wakes up. Don't worry, Stella Bella."

"We were just sleeping, Kai Bello!"

"Sleeping? Yes, of course. You're not going to tell me 'we're just friends now, are you? I'm Korean. I know all this stuff from all the k-dramas. Friends end up as lovers. My favorite trope.”