chapter 31: ILY

Instagram poems page: @always__nostalgic
Follow me there and dm if you'd like to send any fan arts or edits ♡
Dedication: __zarahhh0 Mehaque13 rebel_imperfect

Stella POV:
He's here with Claire when I told him we needed to talk. A horrifying amount of tears burned in the back of my throat as he half-smiled in surprise then moved forward to thank everyone. My feet felt rooted to the ground and I couldn't move yet forced an indifferent smile. He must've thought that coming here with her would make me shatter apart. I'm going to show him how strong I can be.

Taking a deep controlling breath, I headed over to the DJ and asked him to play the CD I gave him. I glance at Aiden and he was already staring back then took a step forward but I turned away just as Xavier stopped at my side. "Are you doing okay?"

I smile a little. "I'm fine."

"Time for Karaoke!" Kai yelled excitedly and I headed over to where everyone was gathered and without realizing it, I ended up standing next to him. Our fingers touched and I jerked my hand away as if our touch hurt, maybe it a little too much.

"I'll choose two of you over and you'll have to battle!" I cheered for him with a loud clap. "Xavier Black, not the other Black." Kai laughed out loud with a sideways glare directed at Aiden that shook his head with a subtle frown.

"His singing partner is..." Xavier whispered something in his ear and he nodded thoughtfully then grinned and said, "Stella Woods."

I stepped forward but Aiden placed his hand around my wrist and pulled me back to his side with a thick swallow and a warning gaze. I glared at him then back at Claire before I removed his hand and went up the stage.

"You did it on purpose didn't you?" I whispered to Xavier and he nodded  and said, "I believe you needed your revenge."
Music started playing and I glanced at the screen behind me realizing it was a song I already loved so I sang,
"Found you when you're heart was broke

I filled your cup until it overflowed

Took it so far to keep you close"

I held Aiden's gaze and his hands were crossed at his chest, his mouth in a thin line. I turn towards Xavier and he lifted his shoulders with a confident smile.

"Said I catch you if you fall," He sang, surprising me with his voice incredibly beautiful voice then reached out held my hand, and acted the words out.

I narrowed my eyes in worry but he only winked. "And then I got you off your knees, "He twirled me around then dipped me down, "Put you right back on your feet," then raised me back up and everyone gasped with laughter. I couldn't help but laugh too.
"Thinking you could live without me," we sang in sync and I glance at Aiden and he was mumbling something with jaw clenched while Mason held him back with one arm.

"You don't say just what you did. I already know. I had to go and find that from them." I whispered the words, flinching at the memory of the fight we had.

"And the winner is... Xavier Black" Kai announced and I pouted sadly then congratulated him with a clap and he hugged me shortly.

"What do you think you're doing, cousin?" Aiden yelled then pushed him away from me with chest heaving.

"The cake is here" Kai rushed and Mason pulled Aiden away. He glanced at me with a sideway disappointed glare then said something inaudible underneath his breath before walking away. I was trying to pull myself together when Claire walked my way with a wide smile.