Chapter 6: You Betrayed me (edited)

Chapter's song : The 30th - Billie Eilish

                                   ___

 I woke up early this morning to the gift I got Logan in the mail

I woke up early this morning to the gift I got Logan in the mail. A mini poster with Micheal Phillip's signature. My sister went crazy throwing every British expression she knew out there when I told her I paid for it using the money I kept for college. I was luckily saved by Elijah's breakfast invitation as a celebration for Lily and my mother's makeup. I didn’t know if I wanted to go to his birthday anymore. I didn’t regret buying him an expensive gift though. I’ll just give it to him at school.

The cafe we are at the corner of the road is decorated with small pots of flowers at each window with soft music playing in the background. "Do you think your mother liked me? I’m nervous. I don’t think I passed.” Elijah whined, asking the same question for the second time already.

"She spent all morning talking about you. She said you’re a gentleman. I mean you are. And you're hot."

"Hmm? You think?” He teased, pecking her lips.

"She won't say that of course, but she loved you, right Stella?"

"Huh?" I met her gaze, realizing I wasn't paying attention.

"I was just telling Elijah that he doesn't have to worry and that mom liked him." She gleamed, placing her hand over his. He leaned over, placing a kiss on her temple.

"She did. Don't worry about that." I added squealing over how adorable they looked then took my phone out snapping a quick photo.

My phone popped up with a message from Mason. Am I finally having my cookies tonight?

 I shrugged to myself, resting my face on my palm as I stirred my hot chocolate while 'Come out and Play' played softly in the background.
I'm not going to his birthday... plus, he has a girlfriend.

He was quick to reply. Wait, what? Can we hang out and talk? I need your help getting a suitable cake for his bday. Would that be okay?

I texted him my location, holding my umbrella over my head while rubbing my other hand over my pants. I turned around just in time as a black BMW stopped in front of where I stood. I blinked when the front door flew open and Logan came out. My heart jumped in my chest.

I'm over him. I'm over him. I'm over him.
"Hey," he smiled.
Great, I'm not.

He hovered over me as he held the umbrella over both of us. He was wearing a large grey coat with a black beanie. I can't fall for him even more. We’re done. Done? What are you talking about Stella? You weren’t even a thing.

I let go of my hold on the umbrella then walked past him and slid into the front seat with him still standing there holding. I turned to Mason with a little smile and he winked.
He hugged me shortly. “Hello, cookie girl."

“Hello!” I said, and when he smiled I realized we could be amazing friends.

"Mason," Logan began, bending over with his hand placed on my seat. I held my breath, swallowing hard while staring ahead. "I'll finish practice in two hours. Any plans for tonight?"

"Yeah, Noah is coming over for video games. Be there at 8:00.” I flinched at the mention of Noah. How could he still be friends with him after everything? Is that what he meant by protecting me?