chapter 36 -Finale

Chapter song: Istersen- Buray
Dedication: mimiriya equinox9 winterjoo emmaeverafter

Stella POV:
*Five months later *

I tasted the chocolate syrup then smiled encouragingly, grabbing the sugar and handing it to Sandy. "Add two spoons only and leave it for ten minutes."

"Ms. Stella, can you please check the dough." I ran towards the baking area while checking my phone. He'll be here in fifteen minutes.

"I followed all your instructions but it's still not working. Maybe I'm not made for this job." Hailey whined and I glared sideways at her with a subtle smile.

"You'll have a five minutes break and then I want you to try again. Giving up isn't permitted in my kitchen."

"Ms. Stella, your friends are here!" Justin entered the kitchen with a tray full of empty plates.

"I told you to call me Stella, Justin." I laughed while taking my apron off then checking myself on my phone's screen. I let go of my ponytail making my hair fall to my back in waves. I run my heart through it then adjust my floral white dress.

"I'll be on the second floor for fifteen minutes and in the meantime I want you to take care of the smooth running of the catering event," I said while helping him set the plate on the aisle beside him then hand him the iPad and he looked down at it with a startled stare. I laughed to myself then tapped him on his shoulder encouragingly. Ever since I started my restaurant, catering events started to slowly pile up. People would come from all over town to taste our signature cookies. Slowly, our restaurant's name was all over tabloids and I lost count of all the interviews I conducted.

"Oh, before I forget..."

"I know... when you text me I should come up with the cake. Second floor, table 20." I chuckled at how he's quick to understand me. He's been my right arm and the supervisor ever since I opened the restaurant. He understood everything I wanted before I even said it.

Taking the elevator to the second floor, I greeted customers and made sure everything was just to their likings.

"You still haven't changed your mind?" Edward, a repeat customer and an editor at a magazine I work with asked from his table. I halted with a headshake wondering when he'll give up.

"I already gave you my answer. I hope you enjoy your dessert and don't forget to tag us on your Instagram page for a chance to win a free dessert in our draw." I repeated the same speech I tell him every time he came here which in his case is very often.

"Make sure you reply to my DMS for a chance to win a date with me." He teased as I walked to my friends' table with a sigh just as Jess and Mason stood up and hugged me shortly.

"He's not here yet?" I asked, looking from the see-through window to check if his car was here.

"He'll be here any second. Katy and Kai are at school but they told me they're on their way." Jess explained. Mason flipped through the pages of his Engineering book. Even though he had loads of studies he still made time for us.

"He's staring at you," She whispered and I followed his line of vision to Edward that was smiling my way. "What? You aren't considering giving him a chance? It's been months, Stella."

I bit on the inside of my cheeks feeling my heart squeeze.

"Oh, here comes Katy and Kai." Mason smiled as they walked our way. It's their first day back at school but they already look so tired.