chapter 34: Love, Stella

Dedication: Randompeephere ZyairT simonapun

Stella POV:
I blinked in utter confusion when I saw Xavier's father, Dr. Simon, and Aiden right next to him. He looked up and our gazes collided before it dropped down to my hand around Xavier's arm.
I immediately slipped my hand away then greeted Dr. Simon. My mother sat at his right and I settled between her and Lily. I didn't expect to see him here. What would he be doing here anyways?

"I'm so thankful that you guys accepted our dinner invitation. Let's order something to eat first." He called the waiter over.

"It reminds me of Elijah's proposal." Lily smiled dreamily and I glanced up for a second at him, wondering if he is taken back in memory too. His gaze remained holding mine until I heard someone clear their throat and it took me a second to realize that we're the only ones left that haven't ordered yet.

"Beef stake." We said in unison.

"How do you like it Ms?" The waiter asked and Aiden was quick to answer, "Well done."

"Medium." I challenged and he raised a brow before I turned to the waiter with a confident smile.

"You don't like it that way." Lily said and I glared at her with my mouth in a thin line.

"Oh." She mumbled in understanding then giggled underneath her breath, finding it so amusing. 'Annoying' I mumbled, a little too loud while crossing my hands over my chest in anger.

"Did you say something sweetie?" Dr. Simon asked and I blushed watching Xavier laughing under his breath but immediately covered it up with a fake cough. I noticed also the way Aiden glared at him.

Fifteen minutes later, when my mother and Dr. Simon were talking about work at the hospital, the plates were set down and everyone is quick to dig in. I held my fork staring back at my plate with a frown. Aiden was glancing up at me so I immediately cut a small piece and try not to wince at its taste. From the corner of my eyes, I can feel him shake his head with a subtle winning smile.

"So," Dr. Simon began taking a small sip of his wine and we placed our forks down wondering what he's going to say. "You probably might be wondering why we invited you all here. Rachel and I have an announcement to make and we would love if you approve on it." Lily and I turned to each other and she raised a brow squeezing my hand in understanding. Our mother turned to us in a worried smile while fidgeting with her hands.

"We decided to get married." They both announced at the same time and I blinked in surprise though I kind of predicted that would happen. I haven't seen her smile like that in a long time. Ever since my father died, I would hear her cry in her bedroom and she would smile the next day just to make us feel that she wasn't hurting. It's been two months since her muffled cries hadn't woke me up. If he makes her happy then I couldn't but be anything but overwhelmed.

Xavier clapped aloud and she was still staring at us for approval. Lily and I stood up at the same time and engulfed her in a warm hug. Her eyes watered as she placed her hands around our waist with a soft smile.

"I was so scared you would get mad." I kissed her cheek with a lingering smile.

"I'm so happy for you mom. We both are." Lily nodded in agreement dabbing on her tears. I turned to Dr. Simon and congratulated him with a warm hug. Aiden walked to his side and hugged him warmly too before a waiter walks in with a cake. Xavier's father tapped him on his back with a shared warm smile before we all gather around to cut the cake and celebrate this happy news.