2 - One Place To Look

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question then a fool can learn from a wise answer. ~Bruce Lee

Michael's POV

It was once more another week before I saw Luke again, we did not share any classes and it seemed he very rarely entered the cafeteria. His friends did though. Once, I asked them about Luke and where he was. They told me that Luke did not like the cafeteria and did not show up unless they forced him.

So it seems the intelligent boy is also anti-social.

It was now after school on a Tuesday and my mind was ripping me apart with the memory of the blonde. He sparked my curiosity and I wanted to listen to his voice tell me how annoyed he is. So I knew there was only one place to go.

The library.

Part of me feared he would not actually be here, but he was. And he was not reading either, instead he was rearranging books.

"Hello Lucas." I said and he jumped and placed a hand on his chest.

"You scared me.." He mumbled and huffed out a breath while running his hand through his hair. "And my name is Luke."

"I felt like you would like to be called something that sounds smarter." I shrugged.

"No, I would not like that." Luke sighed. "Michael, can I assist you in any way? You always seem to bother me when I am busy."

"Whatcha doing?" I asked.

"Rearranging books by alphabetical and numerical order." Luke shrugged like it was no big deal. "I am nearly finished."

"How long have you been working on this for? School got out an hour ago." I said. I watched Luke's hands carefully remove books and replace them with another. He worked so quickly, it was amazing.

"Fourty-seven minutes." Luke shrugged again. Like none of this was a big deal. He amazed me.

"And you're almost done?" I asked.

"I know, I am taking far too long." Luke sighed and shook his head.

"I don't think you're taking long, I just thought you were going really fast, actually." I shrugged.

"Really?" Luke lifted his head to me. A flash of happiness from achievement crossing his features.

"Really." I smiled. Luke went back to putting his books away.

"So, how can I assist you Michael?" Luke asked, a smile remaining on his face.

"I like your company." I shrugged.

"You?" Luke looked up with a confused expression. "Like the biggest geek at NSHS's company?"

"I like the way you talk." I said.

"Oh.." Luke said and his face turned red like it did on the first day we met.

"Of course I still don't understand everything you say.." I laughed lightly.

"You know Michael, you are very charming." Luke said. "I can now understand why others carry you so significantly high. Because I suppose you do not have the highest amount of intelligence but you have a way of conversing with others that have little to nothing in common with you."

"So.."

"I see why people like you, cause you are good with words."

"See wasn't that easier?" I teased.

"You are going to ruin this conversation by bothering me about the way I deliver conversation." Luke sighed and walked farther down the shelf.

"I'm sorry Luke." I said. "I don't mean to upset you, it was a joke."